...Over the last couple of weeks we have had lots of firsts...
The twins started their Pre-school 3s class!
We love their new teachers and it's the little things that make a big impression (fixing their hair after naps so they don't look like ragamuffins!)
Then they started their ballet tap combo class! They have been counting down the days until this and couldn't wait to finally take dance class with Miss Robin! We love their dance studio- Miss Robin not only teaches them dance but also how to be respectful, how to be leaders, and how to be confident. She is really good about tapping into all their little individual personalities! I NEVER imagined I'd be a dance mom, but it's super sweet to watch my natural dancers take classes and perform!
They had to hold hands going in. Be still my heart.

And then, of course, the inevitable happened. Grey went to kindergarten. She was more than ready and so very excited! For that reason I was excited too, but my mommy heart was also filled with some sadness. I just feel like starting big kid school is the end of an era. No more taking off for long weekends away, no more lazy
Grey was so excited to see her BF in her class at meet the teacher. It was big hugs and then Grey couldn't let go.
We prayed and prayed about Grey's kinder teacher all spring and summer and will continue praying over her all year. We know she is just who Grey needs and are already so thankful for her!
The night before Kinder...
We read our ready confetti poem and got all tucked in!
In preparation for Kinder we started reading "all the books" a week or two before...here are some of our favorites (missing The Kissing Hand which was in my office!)
They cover emotions (excitement and nerves), some kinder basics, separation anxiety, and how to celebrate differences and show acceptance and kindness.
And finally the day arrived.
She wants to be a Chickfila girl! Precious, precious. She also wants me to show her how to do it. I told her that she'll get trained there, I only know the ways of Sonic (a 5 yr carhop pro back in my day).
I was trying to pose like my girl. She's got it down!
It was the first day at a new school for both of us!
So much drama.
A picture from her teacher later in the day. :)
That's a lot of firsts for this momma! We're all adjusting and getting used to drop offs at two places, earlier bed and rise and shine times, dance 2 times a week, packing lunches, eating dinner early... I think it might be hitting me the hardest, I'm exhausted, and by 9pm I'm in bed reading and ready to sleep!




































0 comments:
Post a Comment