Pages

8.08.2018

Catboel Pierceberry Family Reunion 2018...

...In May, we packed up the car for a trip to the beach with some of our favorite families: The Catlins, Pierces, & Boelens. That's 10 kids and 8 adults if you're counting. We rented a house in Watercolor and had THE BEST time making memories with our girls and best friends!

Everything started off so lovely...that is until that cutie in the middle puked on the first leg of the trip to Baton Rouge. As it turned out, it was a 24 hour stomach bug that would haunt our 4 families for the next 2 weeks.
You know what I don't recommend? Taking a vacation whilst in the midst of potty training. We spent more time in the bathrooms than anywhere else.
We stopped in Mobile for yummy seafood before finishing our last leg to Watercolor.
These 3 were beach ready!!
We rented bikes and trailers, and our house also had a 10 seater golf cart, so we were easily able to get around Watercolor and Seaside.

I mean, best friends who beach together, stay together.
This girl's 3rd trip to the beach was definitely her best. She was made for sand and sunshine!
And this one...not so much. We expected Hazel to LOVE it here! One of her nicknames is Fish Lynn because she loves swimming so much. But girlfriend would have nothing to do with the ocean or sand.
Scarlett on the other hand, surprised us all!
Just give her a snack and the chair. I mean, I can't realllly blame her!



This family of mine and my favorite place. Insert alllll the heart eyes.
Hazel was in good company, because Elise hated the sand as much as her.
Nothing better than a nap after fun in the sun.
The great thing about Watercolor and the company we rented through (360) was that we had access to like 7 neighborhood pools and the beach club. We changed things up and kept everyone entertained. 
(PS- I don't have picture from the beachclub, but you it has a poolside restaurant and drink service, a little shop to buy beach and pool toys and it right on the beach, it was greatness!)

Obviously, the pool was way more Hazel's jam.
Breakfast at Great Southern did not disappoint!


And this must have been around day 3 when mommy got to experience that awesome stomach bug. I was DOWN for 24 hours and it was BAD. (I love that line from The Devil Wears Prada, "I'm one stomach flu away from my goal weight"- ha! That was me.)

Daddy was way more brave than I and handled the single dad thing at the beach like a boss.




Here's our sweet, crazy crew.
These gals.




Our last night we went to The Hub and it was the perfect place to eat and let the kids run wild!




It was fun, until it wasn't.


Then we headed back to life. To reality. Which isn't too bad with this guy.  :)

 photo sig_1.png

0 comments: