...I have teared up multiple times since kindergarten round-up. Just thinking of this girl navigating big kid school and the end of an era at our home gets me every time. I'm thankful she is so excited, because it certainly keeps me from melting down. And since she's so excited, I decided I would make the most of it as well and instated our first annual back to school shopping trip! I LOVED going back to school shopping with my mom- picking out a backpack, a few news pieces of clothing, THE SCHOOL SUPPLY AISLES!!! I hear that eventually this wears off and you buy the provided school supply kit and call it a day. BUT I just cannot understand that, I mean traditions are fun and continue for a reason, right!?
And then the next week, Grey and I were ready for some snip-snipping of the hair with Aunt Allie. I have been wanting to cut my hair for a while, but I'm glad I waited. My niece, Payton, was diagnosed with Severe Aplastic Anemia in January and has been very sick. Tomorrow is her bone marrow transplant that we are praying brings complete healing for her precious body. Last week she started intense chemo, had radiation today, and tomorrow is the transplant. She will likely be losing her hair, and has picked out the cutest wig! Thanks to Pink Heart Funds wigs (I donated several years ago too) for my niece and others experiencing hair loss are FREE! I knew when I cut, I wanted to donate to this foundation in my nieces honor! If you are interested in donating your hair, I highly recommend Pink Heart Funds. AND please sign up to Be the Match. It is such an easy process to become part of the bone marrow bank and potentially save a life!!





























2 comments:
Both beautiful girls!! Love the haircuts. Such a fun day and sweet memories! Can't wait to do it again next year!
PS loving ALL the blogging:)
Post a Comment