...I figured since I went back to work on August 1st, and school has officially started, I should probably recap our summer adventures. Then I'll be caught up on this little blog of mine (aside from the 9 months I took off- I'm sorry to my girls when you go back to find anything from those months and they're not here).
In June, 15 members from our life group went to Portland on mission. Our LG mission goals include a local, national, and international mission and we try to pour our time & finances into these areas. Originally we had set out on going to Seattle, but because the Lord knows better, he sent us to Portland and we followed. One of our church's church plants will open a new church in September. While we were there for a long weekend, our work primarily included outreach. We served the people in a variety of ways: handing out Kind bars on the transit (the first person one of members talked to was save right there on the train, PTL!!!), working the Good in the Hood parade and festival, paying for groceries at the grocery stores for random strangers, buying/putting together/handing out supply bags for the homeless, and other small acts of kindness. It was good for the soul to work alongside my friends and serve our God and his people. We also hit up some great restaurants, coffee shops (NOT Starbucks), and took a beautiful hike.
Here is a link to the VIDEO one of the guys in our group made.










































0 comments:
Post a Comment