Pages

8.07.2018

The Twins are THREE!!!...

...How has is been 3 years since I had these sweet girls? The years are short, people.

I get asked all the time if they act completely different. And I think that may be the case with many twins, but ours are pretty similar. I mean, there are most certainly differences, but I'd say over all, they're both pretty stubborn, both pretty silly, and both the biggest snugglers and lovers. They share most of the same interests. I'd say the one difference I notice is that Scarlett has a pretty short attention span & is easily distracted, whereas Hazel can focus on a task for a while longer.

It’s so bittersweet watching them grow- I wish they would stay small forever, yet every day and new stage is so fun (minus potty training- that is NEVER fun). You both love eating pickles, dressing up and dancing, reading books, coloring, playing hide and seek with Grey and daddy, swinging, swimming, acting bashful around others, and torturing your momma by not pooping in the potty (a la your big sister). Scarlett pretty much potty trained herself in 2 days, but then regressed 2 months in and stopped pooping in the potty. Hazel has never pooped in the potty. It's every bit as painful as poop training Grey, TIME TWO. You've both been in toddler beds since the end of last September. Naps became a bit of a struggle at that point. As of right now, you both nap about half the days. Sometimes you stay in your room together, sometimes I split you up.

SCARLETT- you are the best at arguing and we’ve already decided you’ll make a great lawyer. You insist on twirly skirts and get angry when it isn't twirly enough. Some of my favorite things you say are: "uh-huh", "I got noseys" (for a runny nose), my hair is bigger (long), and "very well" (as in it doesn't work very well, I can't do it very well...). You’re sweet as pie, you have the cutest little lisp right now, you love to say whatever Grey says, love having your back rubbed, and love eating lots of waffles! Stats for corrected age: 11th %tile for height (35 in.) & 5th %tile for weight (25 lbs 2 oz)

HAZEL- you are such a love bug! You repeatedly say “I love you” to everyone in our family, you also continue to be as stubborn as a mule, love to “do it by myself”, and you are by far our most animated. Your faces constantly keep us all laughing! You love, love, LOVE your babies and are pretty much always holding one of your cabbage patches kids. You love to say, "This is my momma", and you repeat all the rules (ie- "You can play with that when you clean everything up, right mommy?") Stats for corrected age: 11th %tile for height (35 in.) & 7th %tile for weight (5 lbs 8 oz)


On their actual birthday, they woke up to lots of balloons in their room and all their presents from their relatives who live out of town on the kitchen island! We spent the day playing with new toys, going to Chickfila (their favorite) for lunch, getting a birthday dessert, getting their ears pierced!!, and then meeting daddy for dinner at Charlie's (their other favorite). It was a great 3rd birthday!!

 Pretty sure Grey thought it was her birthday too with all the great loot!




 Hazel Pie and her little blue earrings! She cried after it was all done and said, "that hurt momma." So sad.
 And Lettie Lou with her purple earrings. Not tears from her!


Here are some picture from their "mermaid/seahorse" birthday party. We threw together a last minute swim party at my in-laws and invited a couple of their little friends and families. It was the best little, laid back cook-out and swim party of all time! :) When I asked the girls what they wanted for their birthday, they both replied with cakes and balloons. So it was easy to make all their birthday dreams come true this year.







Goggle faces are just my favorite.






(I'm queen of closing my eyes in pics)






I think 3 is going to bring the best things yet...which hopefully includes pooping in the potty!!!
 photo sig_1.png

0 comments: