Pages

12.01.2013

I am THAT Mom...Week 34...

...Well, this week did not go as planned. But that's life, Miss Grey! Even though you got sick, it was a wonderful week. Mommy was off work all week and got to spend every day with you. It was THE.BEST.EVER! I have so much fun just spending my days loving you! Here are your weekly highlights and pictures...

  • Monday we went shopping with the girls and got you some spring and summer clothes from The Closet, where Griffin's mommy, Leslie, works. I am so excited for you to grow into them some day...and carry the cute little backpack that you "needed". 
  • You ate turkey this week and loved it!
  • You are blowing raspberries like crazy! You've found your tongue again and have been sticking it out and playing with your new teeth....
  •  ...Yes, I said teeth! You now have two! The bottom left tooth broke through 2 weeks after your bottom right.
  • So this week, my biggest mommy fear was faced. Snot. And lots of it. You caught a cold (I think from being in the nursery at church) and it was so sad. You were VERY congested and had a runny nose. One of my pet peeves has always been kids/babies with runny noses (not that they, or you, can help it), so I had Boogie Wipes on hand at all times, ready to wipe! We used the Nose Frida constantly, used some all natural vapor rub oil from Little Colds, put you in the shower with me to get some major steam, and used the humidifier at night. The first night you were sick, you were up from 2-3:30am. This is the first time I have gotten up with you in the middle of the night since you were 9 weeks old, so I can't complain. You haven't napped well, or slept well all week. Waking up as early as 5:30, and fussing quietly throughout naps and the night. We definitely aren't catching up on our sleep this Thanksgiving break, but I am grateful you are sick while mommy is home and that I can enjoy lots of snuggles and love. I think you are now on the mend, and I can officially say that snot isn't as big of a deal anymore. (I may eat my words at a later date).
  • You are officially a momma's girl. You like to play right next to me and if I move just a few feet away you crawl to right where I am. Sometimes you are okay with others, but if you get a glimpse of me, you will cry and fuss. This is just the sweetest thing in the world to me and makes my heart swell with love and pride that I get to be the one you want! (You love your daddy just as much, but you know where the milk comes from ; ))
I think this is just the funniest picture of you! You LOVE to see yourself in any mirror or camera! (and look at those teefers!)
 I got so excited I could clip your hair back!
 Before bed snuggles!
 My little cutie-patootie, bundled up for church!
 So many toys to chose from...
 We were going to go see Santa, but the line ended up being 2 hours long...we'll try again at a different time!
 Playing in the car while we waited for friends after shopping.
 Shopping troubles...too many cute outfits to choose from can wear a girl out. (Plus you screamed the ENTIRE way to Market.)
 Look at those tears. You weren't feeling well, but that camera on the phone was cheering you up!
 Daddy snuggles. (We spent lots of days in our jammies this week).
 I think you will be very studious, as you study every little thing around you ever-so intently.
 My little pumpkin on Thanksgiving.
 Eating your first piece of turkey! You loved it!
 You can't tell, but it's 5:30 am here. You were up and ready to play. Mommy wasn't.
 You would only nap in my arms, which was fine by me!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Laurie @ Stylin Savanna said...

Cannot get over how cute she is!

Ashley said...

Like you said, if grey was going to get sick it worked with you being off all week. Imagine if you were working. Love the smiles you were to get still!

Lindsey said...

Poor baby! Glad she's starting to feel better. Mags had a bit of a stuffy nose as well. Knock on wood she hasn't had a "full blown" cold yet. But she was definitely crankier this past week.

She is so precious!!