...Happy Thanksgiving, a day late!
Our original Thanksgiving day plans changed this year when our little turkey came down with a cold. Grey and I skipped out on the Granberry tradition of the Dallas Turkey Trot since it was freezing out (literally). We ended up heading out to my mom's a little late when my car wouldn't start (after I had loaded all the food and baby!). Jared went to the Cowboy game, and Grey and I ate turkey (which she loved) and relaxed with Gigi and crew. We headed home a little early as Grey still wasn't feeling well.
Last year at this time, I was pregnant, waiting to meet the little person growing inside me. This year, she is here. She is such a blessing to us. She is our daily reminder that God answers prayers, that the trials he sends our way are worth every bit of heartache, because he has bigger plans for us. "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us."- Ephesians 3:20.
Jared and I have SO much to be thankful for: our home, our jobs, our family, our daughter, food on our plates, our health, loyal and encouraging friends...but we are most thankful for our faith. Our God is a mighty, loving God. He has and continues to provide us with everything we will ever need. We don't deserve his grace, and yet he gives it to us daily. It's hard to fathom the unconditional love he has for us, that he would send his son to die for our sins. I'm so grateful for my Savior.
I try to give thanks daily for all my blessings, even on the hard days and in the midst of trials...but I love that there is a day set apart for everyone to take a step back and reflect on all they have been given... Even if it is followed by Black Friday. Eeek. I'll save my thoughts on that for a later date.








3 comments:
Yes she is!!! Happy thanksgiving!
She is gorgeous! Hope she's feeling better! Happy late Thanksgiving!
Great pictures! Love that little face!
Post a Comment