Dear Little Grey the Great,
You are now closer to a year than you are to being a newborn. Sigh. It's all so bittersweet. I love that you are growing, developing, and learning, but it makes me sad that you're not longer an itty-bitty baby. I love itty-bitty baby stage and all the cuddles it entails...but I am also LOVING this age! It seems as though you master a new skill every day. Your personality is starting to develop and shine through in the things you do. You are SO smiley! When you laugh, it melts mommy and daddy's heart. Oh, if only I could express in words how much you are loved. I still get little butterflies in my tummy when I look at you. You're ours! God has blessed us with you, and what a blessing you are!
This month you have really gotten good at sitting up! You're wobbly, but getting stronger everyday. You're trying to crawl and are almost there, you just need to figure out what to do with your hands. You are eating solids, but get mostly milk.When you eat you prefer to hold on to the spoon and do it yourself... Well, okay then, Miss Independent (I don't know where you get that trait from...;)). You really like to stand up now, even though you're not quite strong enough to do it on your own. You're trying to pull up when you've been on your tummy for too long, but again, you haven't quite mastered the skill. Basically, you're "almost there" in lots of areas and I have a feeling our world is about to get a little wilder when you figure out how to really move and groove! We've been waiting on your teeth to come for what seems like forever. Your two bottom teeth are about to bust through...any day now...Sometimes they seem to bother you and make you fussy, but usually you're okay as long as you have something to gnaw on.
Your schedule hasn't changed much since last month. We wake up everyday at 6:30 (7 or 7:30 on the weekends) and you eat about every 3 hours. You get solids after your morning feed, afternoon feed, and early evening. So, 3 times a day. You nurse/get a bottle 5 times, and drink about 5-6 ounces, sometimes more. You get sleepy between 6:30 and 7 and are usually out like a light around that time. Bath time is every other night and it's still your favorite. We play until your toes are "pruny" and the water is getting cold. You splash, and talk and play with all your toys. If you are ever fussy in the evenings, we go right to the bath and your mood changes immediately!
You love to play independently, as long as we are watching you. You love to watch other babies and children and are starting to interact more with them. There's so much to learn!
The word I would use to describe this month: fun. You are fun. It's fun to do new things with you. Parenting is fun.
We love you with every bit of our hearts Grey!
xoxo-
Mommy and Daddy









2 comments:
She is beautiful!
She is just the cutest!
Post a Comment