Pages

12.15.2013

I am THAT Mom...Week 36...

...This week was extra busy for mommy! I had to be in Grapevine for two days for a big conference. We were supposed to stay with Gigi to make travel easy and for her to watch you, but the big Ice Storm (Icemageddon 2013) forced us to stay in Rockwall. Which meant, I had to leave extra early in the morning and didn't get home until 7pm! This was terrible for me because I didn't get to spend much time with you. Of course, your daddy took excellent care of you! Here are your weekly highlights and pictures:

  • Daddy took you to the doctor on Monday because we thought you may have had an ear infection. Turns out you don't. Which  means all your bad napping and sleeping is probably just an 8 month sleep regression- caused by all your big developmental gains over the last couple weeks! You have slept better this week, although your naps are still all over the place. We'll try to get you on a better schedule over Christmas break.
  • At your dr. appt., we found out you lost some weight in the last 3 weeks. Daddy said the doctor wasn't concerned and to just add in an extra feed. Mommy is concerned, however, and is trying to fatten you up!! I wish you were more interested in food- but you really could care less about it. So, I will be trying to add in another bottle/nursing session.
  • Your Aunt Min, was finally able to make it through the ice and drove to Texas from Indiana. She made it to our house on Wednesday night and will be at our house or Gigi's until the 27th! YAY! Your Aunt Min has done lots of nanny-ing in her life and is helping me with feeding you new things. I'm learning lots from her! : )
You're really not all that interested in our Christmas decorations this year. I'm sure we're in for it next year!
 Playing in the kitchen while Mommy cooks.
 Trying to escape...you gave up.
 This is pretty blurry (because you no longer sit still), but you wake-up with some crazy hair now that it's getting longer!
 Daddy sent me these pictures at from the doctor's office.
 I put our latest pictures in frames in my office. Looking at you all day makes me happy!
 Wearing my old Christmas jammies that my grandma made me!
 Snoozing with daddy. (It's what I do after hours of Sports Center too!)
 You like to pick out your toys now and prefer to sit on your knees or stand when you play.
 Eating chicken for the first time. Quite the stink face!
 AND- you met Santa!!! LOVE this picture!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Laurie @ Stylin Savanna said...

LOVE everything about this post. Could she be any cuter?!

Savanna actually DOES have an ear infection:( It's SO not fun.

Love the picture of her looking through the toys. & The picture of her with Santa is priceless!

jennifer said...

Too cute! She looks like a mini red riding hood in your jammies! So sweet