Pages

6.05.2013

Two Months...

Dear Sweet Grey,

Two months have officially gone by since you were born into this big world. Time is absolutely flying. It feels like just yesterday we brought you home, and yet, it feels like you have always been a part of our life. And maybe you have. I think you were in our hearts long before we could have even imagined you! God prepared your daddy and I to love you. That means that everything we have gone through in our lives lead us to this moment with you. All the things we know and have learned help us to be the best parents we can be for you!

I can't believe how much you have changed and grown in these past 8 weeks and 5 days. You no longer look like a newborn, but have filled out and have the sweetest little wrinkles and rolls. And your cheeks. Oh my, your sweet, chubby, kissable cheeks! In your very last sono, the tech took a picture and you could see these little chubby cheeks in it...and it definitely was an accurate image. It's so hard to stop kissing those adorable things!

Things have settled down around here. Visitors have slowed down, and meals have stopped (which means mommy has to cook again...having meals from others is the nicest thing when your adjusting to life with a baby!). We soak up every minute with you because we know you will change so quickly. Snuggles are the best part of our day!

In the past week you have become much more interactive. You began staring at faces and cooing/talking to us. We have gotten a few big smiles and can't wait for them to be more frequent. Mommy was worried for a bit because you weren't doing these things. I should know better than to worry, because God has everything in and under control...but the teacher in me tends to over-analyze child behavior. I should also know that you are a stubborn little girl (something we learned at your first sono) and that you will do things in your own time and your own way. There is certainly nothing wrong with that! We desire nothing more than for you to be just who God intended and created you to be...we can't wait to see more of your personality! You also like your bouncer and swing now. You will play with us on the floor, or in one of those. You HATE tummy time & still roll over from it to your back as quick as you can. Sometimes you can't get over though and you get really angry! I hate putting you on your tummy, but I know it's good for you!

You are such a sweet, easy baby. You eat and sleep like a champ. I won't say you don't fuss, because you definitely have your moments. Usually after you eat and you have gas. Your gas can be pretty bad sometimes, and it makes me so sad. You also fuss for no real reason sometimes around 5. You are very consolable though and usually just need to be swaddled and swayed. You enjoy your paci, or anything else you can suck on, usually your hands. You are starting to sleep from about 10:30-5, give or take. We start our days at 7 and you eat about every 3 hours. You are awake for about 45min.-1 hr. and you let us know you've had enough play time and are ready to sleep when you start to fuss. We still swaddle you for naps and bed. You sleep best this way.

You had to get your first round of shots today. It was so sad. We had to wake you from a nap, so you were fussy when we got there. You cried almost the entire visit and, of course, screamed when it was time for your shots. I think mommy and daddy both had tears in their eyes too. We are so glad they are over!

Grey, we love you so very much. It's hard to explain the love in our hearts. Sometimes I feel like I might explode when I look at you. You bring us so much joy and it is a fierce, fierce love we have for you. The Lord has already used you to teach and humble your mommy and daddy and He has many more great plans for you in the future.

XOXO,
Mommy and Daddy



  
Had to include some outtakes. This girl LOVES her hands...and I promise she wasn't injured in this photo-shoot, she just followed her hands down and fell over. She's still trying to eat them, not crying.

From 1 to 2 months...
 
 Can you see the big cheek!?
Photobucket

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Gosh I love her!!! So precious!!

Her and P are bound to be BFF's with their hand sucking obsession! God love 'em!

Lindsey said...

So sweet! I love all the outtakes. Maggie has been chewing on her fist too. I feel like Maggie has totally changed after getting her shots. I'm sure it just coincided with a developmental leap but I feel like my sweet baby is more fussy & needs to be entertained more! Good thing everything is a phase!

Our life with 2 P's said...

Sweet cheeks!! I love her more than I'll ever be ble to explain but I'll spend every day showing her my love and how to love. It's amazing how God chooses parents and allows the tiny beings that they are to teach and humble us in more ways than we'll ever be able to realize. Every day is a joy even the tough ones ;) I love you, Grey!!!

The Heart Of A Woman said...

I love how you said God was preparing your hearts before she was born! I love the sweet pictures!