Pages

6.27.2013

An Opinion...

...I am very opinionated. Which is probably a fault of mine. I know what I like, or where I stand on most topics, and I usually don't filter my thoughts very well. Here on my blog, I usually keep opinions to myself, because, while opinionated, I also don't like offending others or causing a ruckus! I'm a walking, living oxymoron.  However, today I just have to speak about something weighing on my heart.

Abortion. Living in Texas right now, gives me plenty of time to think about this controversial topic. When I was younger I didn't have much of an opinion on it, but I knew that it was wrong according to my faith. In college, while researching for English Comp., I came across some articles and pictures of abortion & was personally convicted by the horrors that I saw and read about it. My heart broke for the babies that I saw in those pictures and I will never forget what those poor, innocent bodies looked like. At that moment, it wasn't just about my faith, but about life.

After going through infertility & now a pregnancy, I feel very passionate to speak-up for the unborn, if only on this little blog. I know I have never been in a situation where I didn't want a child that God placed in my body, but I don't think that killing that baby is the answer. Once you become pregnant, you are making choices for TWO lives. It is no longer just your body.  I can say with my whole heart that I believe: That life begins at conception. That God has a reason for placing that little baby in a body. That there are thousands, if not millions, of couples out there aching for a family of there own- ready and waiting to adopt a baby that someone else may not be ready to raise. That there are other options.

I am called to love, not judge. As I said, I really don't have a clue what these women are going through. I don't know the situations or the hearts of all the women who think abortion is something they should consider. So, I can only pray for those facing difficult decisions, making life-long choices that they will carry with them forever.  I just hope that they, and the world, will open their eyes and truly see the truth about the abortion option. These babies deserve more. They deserve a chance to truly live and be loved. I pray for our state and leaders who are trying to protect these lives.
 

Our girl at 6 weeks...with a beating heart.
 7 weeks...with a nervous system.
 11 weeks...with all organs & body parts developed and growing.
 20 weeks.
"Truly children are a gift from the Lord; the fruit of the womb is a reward."~Psalm 127:3 

"For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be."~Psalm 139: 13-16
Photobucket

3 comments:

The Heart Of A Woman said...

I am so glad you wrote this post! You are right, we don't know what it is like to be in the shoes of a mom who becomes pregnant with a baby she doesn't want or think she can raise. That is because we desired a child so much and felt the pain of infertility. I have so much respect for women who choose to give their child up for adoption. When they decide I can't take care of this child, but I know it is not my life to take, that is amazing and selfless. I have heard many excuses as to why abortion is acceptable, but will never agree with any. There are ALWAYS other options. I still have friends who cannot have children. Some are in the process of adopting. We still consider adoption. This is a beautifully written post. You wrote your opinion, but it was in love and I believe it is a truth more than an opinion.

stephemcdonald said...

Amen!!

Lindsey said...

You go girl!! Preach!