...Week 12, and it just gets better and better...I have always wanted to be a mommy, but I never imagined that I would love it so much. Who knew that being covered in another person's saliva, spit-up, poop, & pee could bring so much joy!? Of course, there is way more to it than that. Every time you smile and coo, my heart melts. Or when you fuss and all you really want is your mommy or daddy. The way you nuzzle your sweet head into my body. Or how you sleep so sweetly with that thumb in your mouth. And even your farts. Yep, those are cute too. Again, who knew!? :) Here are this week's highlights and pictures...
- I feel like we are finally in a good solid routine! There is a little variance in our day-to-day, just depending on what we have to do, but for the most part you're eating and sleeping is pretty predictable, which makes getting out and about easier. Of course, as soon as we get used to something, you have a growth spurt and it all changes! : ) We are so thankful you are healthy and growing!
- I think you finally figured out that I am actually attached to that boob you eat from! Ha! You like to stare at me now while you nurse. I learned pretty quick not to talk to you though because you get very distracted and want to talk to me. It's so cute! I think you might have a little ADHD (which is totally from your daddy), so I have to not give in & let you just eat!
- Your Aunt Allison came to babysit you while mommy and daddy went on their first date since you were born. We had a great time eating, but came home right after because mommy forgot to take her pump. Rookie mistake. It is so nice to know you are in good hands while we are away! It's good for all of us to have a break & so nice when we come back home to your sweet face.
- You are still doing amazing at sleeping through the night. You start to wake yourself up around 6:30ish, but are only half awake, sucking your thumb. At 7, I go and get you up. I could probably put you in your nursery now, but I am not quite ready...so I am setting a deadline for myself- and on your 3 month birthday we will try having you sleep in your crib. I shouldn't even say try, we're just going to do it. Cold turkey. I think we will take down the pack-n-play and move your changing station to your room too...that way I can't go back! I know you'll be just fine...it's mommy who will need therapy!
- I do think you started another growth spurt. You were very fussy yesterday, wanted to nurse (but not always eat), and wanted to be held. You didn't want to be laid down or play by yourself. Well, darn, I just had to get extra snuggles then! : )
- Your Aunt Steph, Uncle Brandon, and two crazy, sweet cousins came to see you on 2 different nights this week! You got lots of snuggles and play time with them. I can't wait to see you really interact with them one day, they have lots of things to teach you...EEK! : ) We love hanging out with them & look forward to more time with them soon!
- We stopped using the Miracle Blanket at night & just use your Swaddle Me all the time now. You were starting to break out of the Miracle Blanket and just didn't seem to need it at night anymore. (We always leave one arm out so you can suck that thumb of yours.)
Squirming and moving those arms!!
You had a little Fourth of July mini-photo session. Here is one of the shots...
I made you grab this lion.
More play time...
Your mommy and daddy heading out on a date...
Get used to your dad making silly faces!
This is how we found you when we returned home...all snuggled with Aunt Allie.
Then I stole you to snuggle more. Golly, your cheeks. L.O.V.E.
Starting to turn to your side.
Making faces and loving your feet!
This is actually from a couple weeks ago, but we woke up to you completely "Houdini-ed" out of your Miracle Blanket. You look pretty proud.
Your fake pouty/cry face was officially captured on camera. Pathetic, I tell ya! I mean, that BIG bottom lip, goodness!
Mesmerized by the phone.
We thought we would just try out the jumperoo, knowing full well you aren't big enough or strong enough for it. We're mean parents & had to snap a quick picture.
Daddy's favorite pastime, mimicking your faces! He's so fun!
You're our little squirmy wormy.
With P2, Mr. Payne.
Daddy caught us napping. Possibly my favorite time of day. You are THE BEST snuggler.
More mimicking...
My sweet cheeks, sleepy, snugly baby. You make my heart swoon.

























4 comments:
My word she is precious!!!
Ummm...I think our daughters might be twins...Grey is following very closely in Isabella's foot steps..I most definitely can't talk while nursing either hehe.....Love her mini sesh...so sweet!
I love being a mom too! I am finding out this week, how difficult it is to be sick and a mommy, but I still love it!
Love all the pictures! The jumperoo one is awesome! The is just like something Zach and I would do! I love how she looks at her feet too! So precious!
Post a Comment