Pages

10.22.2013

Some Non-baby, Life Lately...Kind of...

...I say non-baby, only because Grey is not in any of these pictures! : )

We celebrated our 8th anniversary last week by trying out HG Suply Co. It's a Paleo friendly restaurant in Dallas. It was VERY good! We had bacon wrapped pork shanks for an appetizer, a new york strip with mushroom ragout, a beef filet with carmelized onions and fennel, seasonal veggies, and broccoli for our main course...and since it was our anniversary, flourless chocolate cake with almond milk ice cream and strawberries with a lemon sauce. It was yummy and the atmosphere was great. I can't wait to go back!
I co-hosted a shower/get-together for my dear friend, Lauren, a couple weeks ago. She is expecting her second little boy in December. We had a "Dudes and Diapers" couples shower. I was in charge of most of the cooking and my BFF, Stephanie, took care of the amazing decor, drinks, and sliders. We had a great time with friends, hubbies, and our babes!
Dear, sweet best friends.
I don't know why I take pictures of myself at school, but here's what I've been wearing lately. I'm trying not to repeat outfits this year. I need to stop shopping and wear what I have! Ignore my faces, they're weird.
The week I wore blue...
 Then green...
 Then whatever...
So, I pretty much stopped working in August. I had started T25 at the end of July and after two weeks I noticed my milk supply dropping, so I stopped (ate lots of oatmeal, drank a ton of water, and added some extra pumps to get it back up). Prior to that I had been working out about 3 times a week. I wanted to at least get back into 3 times a week, but then work started and I've just been trying to figure out how life works when you have a baby you love, a husband you adore, and a job that you have to go to 5 days a week. Well, I finally decided I couldn't stand not working out anymore, so I just finished doing one of my favorite workouts- Bum Bum from the Brazilian Butt Lift series. I am shaky and sweaty typing this right now. It felt SO good! I'm ready to add some routine workouts back into my week! I think the Bum Bum workout in BBL is harder than any of the T25. I love the T25 series, but will probably wait until I'm done BF to start them again. I love short and intense workouts. Because long workouts just don't work anymore...Ain't nobody got time for that!!!

I also just made this paleo dish, from here. And it is AMAZING!! But I'm too tired to eat it. I can't wait to try some of her other recipes. 
And that's all I got.
Photobucket

2 comments:

stephemcdonald said...

Love, love all the outfits..so sad I don't get to dress up ever anymore!! Oh and I feel ya on the workouts...I get excited if I get 1 in week:(

Ashley said...

I could wear ALL your outfits!! Happy belated anniversary! And, I try to workout three times a week too but then sometimes I just get blah. If you know what I mean....just want a week or so just to be lazy. lol

PS- I usually just do Jillian Michaels but I have heard great things about T25 and Chalean Extreme. .