...We had a great week this week! It was Fair Day, so mommy had Wednesday off. Your FOCR, Drew, and his girlfriend, Tawny, came through town and stayed the night on Tuesday and we got to go meet your Aunt Allie and Gigi for brunch the next day. You also had your 6 month appt. on Wednesday. I'll share your stats in your 6 month post. Aunt Annie DeBenny Catlin also came in town on Wednesday evening! You had a great week seeing lots of friends and family, but you also had a very rough Thursday...
- On Wednesday you got 5 vaccines, one of them being the flu shot. I am pretty sure that the flu shot is what caused the reaction we saw on Thursday. You are usually pretty tired after you get shots, but have yet to have a fever or get real fussy. You still didn't run a fever after this round, but boy were you fussy and feeling bad! Mommy has never seen you with diarrhea or puke. Even when you spit up it's only like a tablespoon or two. So, Thursday was a whole new experience at our house. Your Gigi and Aunt Allie actually came out to watch you while mommy was at work. I called to check in around noon and they said you had pooped all over your bed and they changed your sheets and got you cleaned up. I got home about 3:30 and you were waking up from your afternoon nap. You were fussing, which you rarely do when you wake up, you normally just coo and squeal. I went in there and you were covered in puke. It was in your hair and all over the crib. : ( I decided we would go ahead and give you a bath, so I took off your clothes and changed your diaper, which you had had diarrhea in again. I was holding you naked as I waited for the bath water to get warm. Just as I was about to put you in, you let out a big ol' stream of more diarrhea. ALL over the front of mommy's dress. Ick. I was so thankful Aunt Allie was still here. She helped get things cleaned up. I got you in the bath, where you pooped. Again. We dumped the water and started over. You did it again. You were crying and obviously not feeling well at all, so we washed you up and got you clean as quickly as we could. I went ahead and fed you right away. You ate good and you were just sitting in my lap while I talked to Gigi, Aunt Allie, and your daddy. All the sudden you started puking!! I mean, it just kept coming. It was so scary to see so much come out of you! I was afraid you were going to choke. So, it was clothes change number 3 for the day. You were crying and whimpering and had the most pathetic little whine. It was the saddest thing my ears have ever heard. I got you settled down and you napped in my arms. When you woke up you seemed to feel better. You ate two more times and then went to bed. Still no fever and no more releasing of bodily fluids! Yay! BUT you also hadn't peed in 4 hours. I woke you up about 9:30 and fed you again to make sure you were getting extra liquids. The next morning you were back to yourself, albeit a little more sleepy than normal. I'm so glad we made it through that round of vaccines. I'm a little concerned about the follow-up flu shot you have in a month...
Game Day and play day. We love our Saturdays!
...Especially napping on Saturdays during football!
Sweet baby profile...
This was our last time to wear a Rangers onsie this year...so sad.
More play.
Love this sweet face.
After your shots.
Also after your shots. That thumb is a life saver!
Before pooping and puking...Your Aunt Allie painted your toes!
Sick and napping.


















0 comments:
Post a Comment