Dear Grey,
What a blessing it is to be your mommy and daddy! WOW, 6 months!! I try not to repeat myself, but I can't help but say that I just cannot believe how quickly time goes with you. You are the love of our lives. We have been blessed by you and your sweet spirit since you joined us on here in this crazy world 6 months ago. And my, what a crazy world indeed. Sometimes I get sad thinking of all you will face as you grow up and learn. Heartbreak, trials, anxiety...all that comes from being a sinner and living in a fallen world. It's scary. I know I cannot protect you from all the hurt, but I want to so badly. My prayer for you is that you will carry the hope and indescribable joy that comes from knowing Jesus. I love listening to this song by Plumb as it describes how I feel...
Your baby blues, so full of wonder
Your curly cues, your contagious smile
And as I watch, you start to grow up
All I can do is hold you tight
Knowing clouds will rage
And storms will race in but you will be safe in my arms
Rains will pour down, waves will crash all around
But you will be safe in my arms
Story books full of fairy tales
Of kings and queens and the bluest skies
My heart is torn just in knowing
You'll someday see the truth from lies
When the clouds will rage
And storms will race in but you will be safe in my arms
Rains will pour down, waves will crash all around
But you will be safe in my arms
Castles they might crumble
Dreams may not come true
But you are never all alone
Because I will always, always love you
Oh, Grey girl, you're just the sweetest. You are becoming so playful and silly. You make us smile and laugh everyday. You truly have this sweet little spirit about you. You are rather serious at times and very observant of things going on around you right now. When you see something new, you just stare and take it all in. You're learning all about the world around you, and your favorite way to explore things is by putting them in your mouth. I know most of the things you're doing are by no means unique, babies do lots of similar things, but it's so special watching it happen with you. Being able to see you grow and learn is a blessing.
Your days are still starting between 6:30 and 7, sometimes a little later on the weekends, and they end between 6:30 and 7, too. You are sleeping about 12 hours at night. I'm not entirely sure about your daily schedule because it's not exactly consistent with you being at the sitter's 4 days a week and with your Gigi 1 day. But, you are normally napping 3 times a day, with an occasional cat-nap in the early evening. You eat around 5-7 oz. at meal times and eat 5 times a day. Sometimes 6.
We are loving every stage and are extra excited about 6 months, as we are seeing more of your little personality. You are learning so much every single day!!
We're sure the best is yet to come...
XOXO-
Mommy and Daddy
3 comments:
HI there :) Just found your blog. Happy I did - I am your newest follower. Your sweet baby girl is beautiful. Hope you'll stop by my blog and follow along with me and my little girl (11mo)
All the best
Christina
The McGuire Family
MarkChristinaMcGuire.blogspot.com
Oh my gosh! This is making me miss this age so bad :( What a doll!
I want to eat her. So so so cute. And yes, we are doing BLW. It is really easy!!! No choking. :) Just make sure the food is soft enough to gum. She LOVES feeding herself and it is hilarious to watch.
Post a Comment