...Oh sweet Grey, how are you already 3 weeks old? Time with you is so precious. Our days look pretty much the same- eat, poop, sleep, a little play...and yet they go by so fast! Here are some of our weekly highlights and pictures!
- We got your newborn pictures back! They're perfect. Your daddy didn't think we need to get these done, but I think he is now realizing just how important they are!
- We had our first big explosive diaper. Your daddy was in charge of the change (he actually volunteered to change your diaper before any of us knew the damage that had been done)...well, he took out his box cutter and cut off your onsie!! GiGi and I just laughed- although I was a little annoyed because it was one of your cute onsies! Daddies have a special way of handling poop problems!
- You also projectile pooped while I was changing your diaper. You managed to shoot through the pack-n-play netting onto the floor & definitely got my hand. Stinker.
- We got out of the house quite a few times this week- We made it to Target, the dry cleaners, GiGi's house, and the Aspasians art and craft fair. Cha Cha loved showing you off to all her Aspasian friends!
- Mommy left you again this week, for a whole hour! I made a quick stop into Hobby Lobby and picked up lunch while you snuggled with your GiGi.
- You have been very fussy during your feedings this week. I can tell you are in pain, and I think we've figured out it's gas(you get this from your daddy), and you don't burp well (you get this from your mommy). We started giving you gas drops during and after your feeds and this seems to have helped quite a bit. Sometimes you still get upset though, which makes your mommy so sad.
- You played on your playmat for the first time this week.
- We went on a walk with your friend, Prestyn. I work with her mommy and she was born 2 weeks before you. We live just down the street from one another! Her mommy has been such a help to me, as I text her at all hours of the day asking questions and seeking advice! It's such a blessing to have mommy friends who are going through the same things as you!
- We are definitely on a 3 hr. feeding schedule. Occasionally you will eat a little before or a little after, but you are pretty consistent. Once this week you went 5 hours and then 4 hours between your middle of the night feeds...that meant mommy got a 4 hour and then 3 hour stretch of sleep! I hope this continues...
- You also hit a growth spurt this week. You nursed for 3 hour and 5 hour stretches during the evenings for the last 4 days. This was exhausting for your mommy & her boobs!
- I also started pumping this week, so that we can start stock-piling milk for when I have to go back to work. The first day I pumped 5 ounces, which I thought was pretty good! Yesterday I was up to 6 ounces. I just pump once a day, after your morning feed, for now!
- We get lots of compliments on your beauty and your name. Well, people either say they love your name, or that it's "unique". Ha! : )
Just being cute & sleepy...it's what I do.
Sometimes I wake up...
I still love to lay on my daddy.
I really like my car seat.
Walking with Prestyn. I don't think you actually even laid eyes on each other, but there are more play dates in your future.
Hanging on your Boppy Lounger while mommy gets ready.
Sleeping. Again.
This picture makes your mommy smile.
Snuggles with your GiGi.
One of our family pictures from your newborn session.
Playmat pictures.
Grey, we love you!





















8 comments:
You got 5 ounces at one pumping session??!!!?! I'm impressed! She's a doll!!
She's such a doll! I love her leg warmers in those last pics! I am SO thankful we have you! I'm thankful to have a friend that I can talk with who REALLY knows what we're going through! And I'm thankful that Grey and Prestyn will have each other forever! They'll get to grow up together!! Oh and about her name....we get the same reaction with Prestyn! haha! I love Grey's name! It was one of my top choices of your list of girl names :)
P.S. Since you didn't know you were having a girl...how do you already have so many girly things?! Bows, leg warmers?!
She is beautiful!
Love her updates!! And I love seeing her so alert on her playmat :) So loved!
You better be THAT mom! :) I wish we lived near each other so Greer and Grey could play (okay, who am I kidding so you and I could play). ;) she is just precious! Oh, and the gas drops worked amazingly for us at first but then became completely ineffective so I stopped using them. Thankfully, she's not generally in pain just a lot of grunting and squeaking and she'll fight nursing a little. And you are so right on how amazing it is to have friends going thru the same thing... such a blessing!! She is so beautiful. Oh, and where did you get all her leg warmers?? xo!
She has the prettiest eyes!! I love your family newborn picture and that you are getting lots of pictures:)
The exact same thing happened to us! Maggie projectile pooped in her pack-n-play and it went through the netting to the floor. I didn't realize how hard it was to clean netting!!
Post a Comment