...I will probably say this every week, but I really can't believe how quickly time is going with our little one. Every day is an adventure...an adventure of feeding, napping, pooping, and playing. Who knew the excitement one would feel when their baby finally starts burping on their own!? Here are some of Grey's highlights and pictures from the week.
- We moved your 1 month appt. up a couple of days so that we could talk to the doctor about what we thought might be silent reflux (not gas, as we first assumed). You were in lots of pain during your feedings and we knew something just wasn't right. You had a lot of the silent reflux symptoms. We are thankful you weren't/aren't spitting up. In fact, you've only really spit up 3 times since you were born! The doctor confirmed our suspicions. We LOVE our pediatrician. She takes the time to sit and talk to us and really listen to our concerns. She even watched me nurse so that she could see your behaviors while eating. Maybe this is common, but I really felt like she cares about you! We started you on Zantac .5mL 3 times a day. It seems to be helping, but it can apparently take a week to be in full effect. You don't like the way it tastes, but mommy and daddy cheer you on and smile at you each time you take it & you seem to be getting better at swallowing it down. (We'll post your 1 month stats in the next post.)
- You grinned at your mommy this week! I won't say smile b/c I have seen your BIG reflex smiles, but this was definitely something! Daddy saw it too, so I feel confident I'm not making it up! : )
- We did some shopping at Firewheel this week so that we could return some baby clothes, and buy some more. You, as usual, were an awesome shopper. I rewarded you with some summer shoes (b/c infants need those, right?), a romper, shorts, a dress, and sunglasses!
- We worked really hard on your morning routine this week. We woke up as close to 7 each day as we could. You ate, then played on your play mat and practiced tummy time, then went down for your morning nap in your pack-n-play around 8:30. During your play time, mommy watches a little and interacts, but is working on making this independent play time so that she can eat breakfast and do some "to-dos". While you nap, mommy pumps and then showers for the day. You have done really well with this routine and mommy feels like we have this morning cycle down! We are going to make some adjustments with your swaddle at this time though. We have just been using a blanket, but you are breaking out and interrupting your sleep. I want to just use your miracle blanket at night, so I am going to try a different swaddle during your nap. Next week we will work on your next "cycle". We are doing all this one step at a time. It's hard for mommy to not just hold you all day...but I know this is good for both of us! : )
- We went to visit your future boyfriend Griffin Pierce, but didn't take any pictures since it was a quick visit! Griff was due 10 days after your due date, so his mommy and I have had lots of fun learning about pregnancy and babies together. You came 10 days early, and Griff came 2 days late. He is just the cutest! Hopefully we will make it back soon!
Just lounging around...
Pretty girl.
Thumb Sucker.
You went grocery shopping with mommy and daddy and used your Ergo Carrier.
Daddy is the master at calming you down and snuggling with you. What would we do without him!?
I love this little outfit!
Fed and content.
This is mommy's favorite outfit! It was finally warm enough to wear it!
Sweet little fingers.
This picture cracks me up. Your daddy is funny!
Our friends, the Cliffords, bought you your first baseball glove and ball! Daddy already has it oiled with a rubber band around it...it's ready when you are!
Mommy finished her first whole cup of coffee since you were born. It was heavenly!
Lounging and playing. It's what you do.
Going shopping & staying warm. You are starting to fill out some of your larger newborn outfits!
We bought you some sunglasses. : ) Daddy thinks you look very "thug".




















2 comments:
She is precious! Landry is also on Zantac. I have figured out that I have a very fast let down and I did have an oversupply. Taking her off and catching the milk in a cloth has seemed to help with some of her spitting up or fussiness.
Sorry about the reflux! Elyanah went through that too. She still takes Prevacid for it. I hope the Zantac works for her! She's a beauty!
Post a Comment