Pages

5.12.2013

A Different Kind of Mother's Day....

...I've always enjoyed Mother's Day. I simply have the very best mom a girl could ask for. She is kind, compassionate, selfless, patient, giving, and has the biggest servant's heart you could imagine. She is a Christian and has always modeled for me and my sisters what it means to follow Him. On top of her great qualities, she has endured many hardships in her life and has made it through them with a level of grace I can only hope to emulate one day. Now that I am a mother myself, my appreciation for her has multiplied. 

...This year I get to celebrate being a mommy, too! I've said it many times, but I feel so incredibly blessed. Last Mother's Day was hard for me, as we were in the midst of our infertility journey. This year I get to remember that journey and give HIM praise for his creation, my daughter. He never had to grant Jared and I's wishes to be parents. Yet, in His goodness, He did. Our road to get here was a little different than most, but it was a special and difficult journey that I wouldn't trade for anything. I saved this message from my best friend last year. And she is right, this is an even more special Mother's Day. He IS faithful and has purpose to his perfect plan.

...What a blessing to celebrate mothers new and old. It is the most rewarding "job" in the entire world!

...For those still waiting to celebrate a different kind of Mother's Day, take heart that He has a plan for you and your family. I pray daily for those that I know who are waiting to start a family of their own, or who have experienced loss from miscarriage...

 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."- Romans 8:28








Photobucket

0 comments: