Pages

5.13.2013

I am THAT Mom...Week 5

...It was another exciting week in the life of Grey. We did some more eating, pooping, sleeping, and playing! She is much more alert this week! Highlights and pictures...

  • Naps...Well, you still go down nicely in the morning, but seem to wake yourself up as you go through your sleep cycles. You will typically cry and fuss for a minute or two and then put yourself back to sleep. Your afternoon naps...Well, for these you will usually lay down for about 30 minutes, then you wake up when you switch sleep cycles and won't go back to sleep until I come and get you. Then you have to be held for the remainder of your nap. Sometimes mommy takes this opportunity to just nap with you. : )
  • We braved the grocery all by ourselves! You were a great little grocery shopper in your Ergo carrier and attracted lots of attention from little old ladies! : )
  • We went to Prosper to see your big cousin play softball! It was super windy, but you had lots of fun cheering her on! We then went to Uncle Brandon & Aunt Steph's house. You were held by your cousins, and their cousins. Sweet Reid couldn't get enough of you. Payne tried to feed you goldfish and shared his old baby blanket.
  • We went to GiGi's house so you could meet your Uncle Bobby (really my uncle, so your great uncle). I can't wait for you to meet your 2nd cousin Drake soon!
  • You turned one month old!!
  • Mommy gave you a bath all by herself! Daddy was celebrating your Papa's birthday, and I was fighting a bug, so I stayed home.
  • We tried out the Moby wrap. You loved it!
  • We went back to the doctor to follow up on your reflux. We switched you over to Prevacid 2.5mL twice a day. This has really seemed to help a lot! YAY! It's nice to not have volatile, stressful feedings...it makes mommy so happy that you feel better. On a side note- you are chunking up nicely...you gained 8 ounces in 7 days. The reflux definitely isn't affecting your weight gain!
  • You rolled from front to back! This took me by surprise, I was expecting the rolling to come later! You have done it 3 times now!
  • We may have created a Monster. You like to be held. All the time. You don't care for your swing, bouncer, or play mat for more than a few minutes. As soon as you realize your not in someone's arms, crying ensues. We are working on this, because as much as I want to hold you all the time, I have to get things done. : )
  • You also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to be swaddled. You almost immediately calm down once we put you in a swaddle.
On the way to Prosper...
 Snoozing at the softball game & wearing daddy's hat.
 Play time.
 With Uncle Bobby! You loved him!
 Sweet, wide-eyed baby getting dressed for the day.
 Moby wrap time.
 Working on the finishing touches for your nursery. (Which I will eventually take pictures of!)
 A new outfit.
 Hanging out at the doctors office.
 Napping in your crib for the first time. Oh my, I cannot get enough of your precious little face.
 Nala hung with us while you ate.
 In the midst of rolling over.
 A walkin' we went.

    1 comments:

    Elizabeth said...

    Glad the Prevacid seems to be working. That is what we are on. And don't feel bad about the holding her while she sleeps. Elyanah slept on my chest during naps for months and months. I really think it had to do with the reflux and being upright and belly sleeping made it a little better. If I had to get stuff done I just put her in the baby k'tan (like a Moby wrap) and she would fall asleep in it.