...WOW- we have a 6 week old baby girl! Grey has changed so much this past week & just looks so big to us. I am so in love with our cutie...my mini-me. I looked at more of my baby pictures and I swear Grey is a spitting image of me! I'm secretly very pleased about this. I am fully aware that she could change overnight, but I always told Jared that if we had a little girl- I wanted her to look like my side, and if we had a little boy- I wanted him to look like a Granberry. It looks like I may get what I wanted, ha! Anyway...without further ado- here are our weekly highlights and pictures.
- You took your first bottle from your daddy! We did it at your 10pm feeding when you are pretty calm and not fussy. It was actually hard to wake you up at all. You took about an ounce and a half. I stayed in the kitchen and tried not to look on too much. Your daddy did so well. We actually decided to start dream feeds at your 10pm feeding b/c of this night. We usually unswaddle you for feedings/change your diaper/wake you up...but this helped us realize you really can sleep through this eat (if that makes sense!).
- You seem to have fallen into a nice pattern of going down around 8/8:30, feeding at 10/10:30, and then sleeping until 3/3:30. One night you slept until 3:45! From that middle of the night feeding, we are working on getting you to sleep until 7am, which is when we "start" our day. You did this on your own one time (yesterday), and prior to, you would/will wake around 5:30-6. You don't really seem hungry, but fuss, so I usually pick you up and let you sleep on my chest until 7 and then I get us both up. I love this time. When I was a little girl, my mom used to wake me up before school and just hold me for about 15 minutes before we really started our day. Sweet memories. So, while I do want you to sleep until 7, I am okay with our morning snuggles too! : )... You're about to hit another growth spurt pretty soon (according to what "they" say), so I'm sure this schedule will be null and void soon.
- You saw your first movie. Or rather, went to your first movie, and slept through it (which is exactly what we wanted). We saw Iron Man 3. You did great. Mommy was nervous you would fuss and people would get mad at us, but we went on a Monday at 5:15. There were only 7 other people in the theater and you hardly made a peep.
- I noticed you were leaking through some of your newborn diapers, so I decided to finish off that pack and move you to size 1. It's really rather humorous because they are HUGE on you! Why aren't there newborn and a 1/2 sized diapers?
- I also left you alone for more than an hour this week. By alone, I mean without me there. Your daddy watched you Thursday night while mommy hit up Hobby Lobby and had a girls dinner. Then I left you with him again on Friday when I went to my 6 week postpartum appt. and then to work to help interview someone who might be working with me next year. Your daddy did so good. I feel so blessed to have a husband who loves his little girl SO much. He is so hands-on with you, Grey. I'm not sure if you know this, but not all daddies are so involved at this age. Some are scared, or not interested until their babies are older. Your daddy wants to be a part of everything. It melts me heart and makes me so grateful the Lord blessed me with the most amazing husband AND father.
Loungin'
-
Daddy likes to mimic your faces.First bottle. Daddy is a pro.My sleepy angel.Asleep at the movies.Movie in 3D. I'm not sure I love the Moby...maybe I am not getting it on quite right, but I prefer the Ergo.More sleep...before bed. You are a very good sleeper.I love your wake-up stretches! (Daddy says the bottom right picture makes you look like a chubby Asian boy-ha!)More loungin'.More sleep...You are awake sometimes...mostly to eat.This looks like a smile, but you still haven't really smiled at us yet!Oh, looky, you're asleep!Playing & slobbering.And, you're out!Playtime!





















1 comments:
Time is a flying!
Oh and I hated my Moby wrap too. I could never get it to fit snug like I wanted. I bought a baby k'tan and have loved it! Way easier to put on and she felt more snug in it.
Post a Comment