... Another week, another adventure in motherhood! I think the hubs and I turn to one another at least a dozen times a day and say, "she's so beautiful". We still can't believe we have a little girl! It's so much fun getting to know her! I still cannot fully put into words the joy in my heart. I know for some families, there is a hard adjustment period with a newborn and transitioning to a family of 3, but it has been pretty easy for us. Don't get me wrong, it's not always rainbows and butterflies, but I feel like our marriage is stronger and we have just settled into our life as a new family rather smoothly. I'm sure it helps that we have a pretty easy baby. (Or I guess Grey is easy, I don't have much to compare her to!:)) I know there are hard times ahead, because we are promised that. We are just thankful for this time right now. If one word could describe this period, I would say blessed.
Here are some weekly highlights and pictures...
- Mommy got a cold that she shared with you. I guess that is bound to happen when two people spend as much time together as we do! Along with a cold came the first use of the Nose Frida. For some reason, poop doesn't bother me a whole lot (which is good b/c you pooped ALL over my legs one morning this week...and I do mean allllllll over. Not sure how so much poop can come out of a little person...but I digress...), however, snot totally grosses me out. I tried to use the suction bulb thingy from the hospital, but it wasn't doing the job. So onto the Nose Frida I went. Ick. Your daddy had to finish it because he is much better at sucking snot out of your nose than me. We ended up calling the doctor and they wanted to see you just to make sure your cold wasn't anything worse. We are on an every 2 weeks visiting schedule with Dr. Drake! We are so lucky we have such a great pediatrician! We just love her and everyone there loves you! You had nothing more than a cold, so saline drops, nose suctioning, and the humidifier were prescribed. You were feeling better after a couple days, and mommy was too! (You weighed in a 9lbs 3oz...I'm guessing we'll be hitting the 10 lb mark by your 2 month appt!)
- Mommy and daddy went on their first outing without you. GiGi, Grandma, and Aunt Allison came to stay with you while we went to the Ranger game. We missed you lots, but knew you were in great hands. You had so much fun snuggling with these ladies. You were also on your best behavior, despite having a cold. You took you bottles like a champ and did some great playing and sleeping.
- You had your first outing to a restaurant! We went to Forney to visit you ChaCha while she was on her lunch break. We went to Christina's and you just snuggled the whole time.
- You have pretty much decided you hate your car seat this week. You
fuss and cryscream when we put you in it. We have to swing the extremely heavy seat until you calm down. Usually you are fine once we get you going and in the car. But other times you're just over it and continue to scream for a while. The paci usually helps. - Speaking of a paci- you are really liking yours! You love to suck to soothe yourself...especially your hand. If you can find your thumb, that's also a bonus. You sucked your hand so hard this week you gave yourself a little red hickey.
- You are still pretty consistent with your schedule, but it's been a little off this week because you've ate a little more...growth spurt? We start our days at 7, pretty much no matter what. You go down at night around 8/8:30 and eat around 10/10:30. You will then sleep anywhere from 3-4:30. We like the 4:30 one! Then you're back to bed until 7 (sometimes we still snuggle if you start waking up a little earlier). Your days are a little more variable...in the morning you usually eat at 2 1/2 hours (9:30) and then from there it can vary from 2 1/2-3 1/2 hour feedings. You sleep sooooo well during your 8-7 sleeps at night & we are so thankful for that!!! Your day naps are not quite as solid, sometimes you fuss after 30 or 40 minutes and want to be held the rest of the time...sometimes you sleep great. It also depends on whether we run errands...I'm okay with this & am just so blessed by your night sleeping. Keep it up sweet girl!


















4 comments:
She is so pretty! I can handle poop, but not snot! Something about green mucus! Maybe you could give me tips on a schedule! I am actually blogging about my schedule, or lack thereof tomorrow.
It sounds like our babies are twins! That's too funny how we are experiencing almost the exact same thing. BTW, I LOVE those bows. Gigi needs to sell them!!
Love all the bows and what a cute model she was:)
PS I swear they know you are watching them too...Isabella was just sitting up in her crib staring right into it:) She's done the same thing since she was a bitty baby! Oh and I LOVE the Nose Frieda and boogers haha!! Weird sickness I have I think from being a nurse and taking care of babies with RSV...instant gratification.
I can finally comment! I haven't been able to comment on your blog for the last week+. Yay! So glad you two got to go on a date!! And she needs to stop growing so fast! Gigi makes some cute bows!! I'll be back to snuggle after vacation! And we'll bring her some sand :)
Post a Comment