...This post will have us all caught up!
July 2, 2014- My cycle was all messed up (I started my period half way through my BC pack, then slowed and started up again on the placebos), so I wasn't sure if I was going to have to do another round of BC or if they would let us get started. I went in for my sono and 3 day blood work yesterday morning and all systems were go! I started my Letrezole last night, and will take it twice a day for 5 days (days 3-8), and I started shots tonight (75iu of Bravelle for the next 4 days). I go back to the dr. on Saturday morning for a sono and more blood work to see how everything looks so far. I'm praying everything progresses as it should. I'm praying over my body and follies every time a take a pill or shot. The shot stung more than I remember when I gave myself my first one tonight. Nothing to cry over, but definitely wince-worthy. It's so worth it though if it results in expanding our family. I remember when we did this the first time, the shots were not something I looked forward to by any means, but in a way I liked them because it felt like I was doing something to help us. Maybe that's weird, but it was definitely the way I felt.
July 21, 2014- Just an update on this cycle. I ended up doing Letrezole days 3-8, Bravelle days 4-16 (75iu days 4-11, and 150iu days12-16), trigger with Ovidrel on day 17, and IUI on day 19 (Jared's birthday). I think I probably ovulated later in the day on day 19. This cycle was a bit longer than mine in the past (with Grey we did an IUI on day 14.) It was up and down the last few weeks as I was obviously hormonal and I was driving to the dr. every other day for blood work and sonos. My eggs are crazy and at one point we thought we might have to cancel the cycle due to too many eggs. It was a great reminder in the middle of my freak out to refocus and give the control back to God. This process sucks, it's emotional. I get so angry at my ovaries! I have heard of several "oops" pregnancies of friends this month and it makes me just laugh- how in the world does someone accidentally get pregnant!? I obviously know way too much about reproduction. Anyway, we now wait. I pray as I get anxious and trust in his plan for our family. I pray specific prayers each day based on what I think might be happening in my body (a zygote traveling down my fallopian tube and turning into a blastocyst, praying it travels well and implants soon...) I pray that it's God's will for us to get pregnant this cycle and with ONE healthy baby. I also pray that I will have no fear of bad news. That my heart will be ready for whatever news we get at the end of this two week wait. Because no matter what, HE is enough. I am blessed by my husband, and blessed my beautiful daughter, but it is my God that I get true fulfillment from.
I probably won't update again for several weeks. Regardless of the outcome, there will be lots of emotions and those are things we'll want time to process privately. We'll take time to celebrate or to pray over our next steps. If we have to start another cycle it won't be for a few months since I'm starting a new job and am not sure how my new boss will be with me driving to appts all the time.

Easter basket gift ideas
2 years ago





5 comments:
I'm thinking of you and hoping that He answers your prayers. If he does not, I pray that He comforts you and that the answer is just "not now"….not "No". Hugs!
Sending positive thoughts your way!!!! XOXO
Love you tons!! PRAYING!
I have always loved your outlook and faith through the ups and downs! This is such an emotional time and I pray that God may bless you with another miracle:)
PRAYING!!! PRAYING!!! PRAYING!!! I know how hard the wait period can be. Praying for comfort and joy to surround you!
Post a Comment