Pages

7.12.2014

One Year and Counting...Month 15...

...Oh my goodness Grey, you are SO.MUCH.FUN. Your personality is beginning to shine through and you are soaking up and learning so many new skills every day.  I would pick these 3 words to describe you right now: sweet, silly, and social! I had no idea that being a mommy was going to be THIS much fun! I LOVE YOU!

  • Weight: 18 lbs. 6 ounces (13th percentile) Height: 29 inches (8th percentile) Head: 78th percentile. You're still little with a big head! : ) We are watching your height now (but Dr. is finally happy with your weight)...goodness, these percentiles can make a momma stress. I think you're just perfect and growing- I mean, look at your parents, you're not going to be supermodel tall. You do have an iron deficiency and are taking prescription iron now...which smells and tastes like poop. Not sure how we're going to get you to take this daily!?
  • Size 2 diapers, clothes: mostly 6-9, and some 12 month clothes (all depending on brand)
  • You're waking around 7 and going to sleep between 7-7:30. You are trying to transition to one nap I think. Sometimes you need 2 and other times you are fine with just one. I try to just pay attention to your sleepy signals and go with what you need that day, or what we have scheduled. Regardless, you don't adhere to a strict schedule- and while sometimes I wish I knew when you are going to nap, I love how completely flexible and go with the flow you are.
  • You started swim lessons this month.You HATE them. Which is odd because you actually like to be in the pool and play in water. Not sure what the problem is there?
  • We went to your first real beach. Sand is not your thing, but laying around in the sun drinking and snacking is!
  • You love to chase around Nala with your "monster" walk. You laugh and laugh, even when she growls at you.
  • Other new skills: shaking head no (when we tell you no, and also when you get near something we've said no to before-showing you understand it's off limits), saying/imitating "shhh", You know that a dog goes "ruff-ruff" and an owl goes "hoo-hoo", blowing kisses with hand and giving sweet kisses (you lean in and get real still), pointing at everything and saying da? dees or ak?, pointing at belly/toes/nose/ears, associate bye bye and hi with waving and will wave at anyone and anything, you know the sound an airplane makes and look for them in the sky, you know that fans go "woosh", learning to use a fork, blinking when we say blink
  • Words: mama, dada, da (dog), sooz (shoe),  da (down), du (up), oooo, ak (icky), Nala. You say dog and down all the time, so we're working on using mama and dada more. Since your mommy had speech therapy for articulation when she was little, the dr. wants us to pay close attention to your speech/language.
  • Discipline: you are a pretty good listener still. Typically when we say no, you listen, sometimes you cry when we say it, other times you will shake your head no showing that you understand. Then, there are times you don't listen at all and continue to do what we ask you not to (bang your milk, won't sit on your bottom) and even laugh at us while disobeying. We've tried time out which you don't quite get. Most times I take you chin in my hand and force you to look at me and repeat my instructions. It's funny because you will avoid eye contact. You usually stop after that. If you don't we remove the problem or you from the problem. I am in the process of reading Love and Logic for Toddlers. I think I need some more ideas. : )
  • Signs: all done, more, I don't know (holds both hands out and shrugs shoulders...not an official "sign", but definitely communicates), please, and occasionally thank you (which looks like blowing a kiss). 
  • Loves: trying on and carrying around clothes, eating cheese, yogurt, and fruit, mommy & daddy, Gigi, playing outside, riding in anything (cart, wagon, tricycle, stroller), playing with anything that's not a real toy.
  • Dislikes: diaper changes, being told no, veggies.
Playing with Steen and Ava on her last day at Tutu's for the school year.
 Finally keeping her glasses on.
 With Aunt Allie!
 Flirting with Mr. David at the other end of the table.You just batted your eyes and grinned behind your finger.
 Pouting about something.
 I can't even.
 Playing with friends.
 Finnley showing you how to do man things.
 You liked baby Matthias!
 Driving Papa's new car.
 Quite the trickster in your crib at night.
 These pigtails. Swoon.
 Gigi had to show me up and do your pigtails the "right" way.
 First swim lesson pics.
Park fun!
 I love your sleeping positions!
 Drinking mommy's water like a dog.
 You were a tad jealous while I held baby Holden.
 Monster!
 We finally hung your swing...you loved it!
 Helping Papa Bob sort his work papers.
 My book worm!
 Your favorite part of the pool=snacks.
 You finally ate peas! You loved them and shoveled them in so stinkin' fast!
 Sitting in mommy's old rocking chair at Gigi's.
 You absolutely LOVE playing at Gigi's house. She has all the fun toys and the back patio is your favorite!
 I will never tire of watching you sleep. Well, maybe when your 14, but not anytime soon...
 This is what Target trips are all about...
 More park fun!
 Hugging your baby.

Photobucket

2 comments:

The Heart Of A Woman said...

Landry likes to stand on her head too! I love watching her sleep too. Where are our babies?!!

Ashley said...

Some of these pictures are so funny! I see the silliness:) The crib picture on her head is priceless! I absolutely love Harper at this stage right now, but can't wait to see her personality shine the older she gets!