...
I have been busy this summer and forgot I had other entries to post!
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
Ephesians 3:20-21
...Tuesday, May 20th, 2014
I received my 2nd set of blood work results back today. I have elevated thyroid antibodies and something else thyroid related that was elevated- I know, I'm so technical with my medical terminology. And elevated A1c. It was 5.8. 5.7 is the cut off, so I am considered at risk for diabetes. Everything else, glucose, cholesterol, etc. looks fine. I didn't have any of these "concerning" levels my first round through infertility, so I am feeling rather disappointed/annoyed. My RE has referred me to an Internist. He wants me to see if I need to seek other treatments for these levels before we try to get pregnant again. Obviously, I am all for being as healthy as can be to have a healthy pregnancy if the Lord wills us to have another baby, BUT I am in tears too. I HATE that I can't just get pregnant. I HATE that we have to continue to wait and see ANOTHER doctor. I hate taking meds. Most of all, I hate that I live a healthier lifestyle now than I ever have before, yet I am apparently more unhealthy. I know, I know, self-pity ain't pretty, huh? I'll get over it because I see where this is good, I am thankful to catch these things before getting pregnant and risk losing a baby, or not being able to get pregnant in the first place!
...Thursday, May 22nd, 2014
Well, other than the fact that I REALLY disliked the Internist I saw, the appt. went well. We aren't delayed on starting treatments, but I am going to be taking Synthroid and Metformin. My THS is in the normal range, but it is high for fertility. I also have antibodies present that are attacking my thyroid. So at some point I will have thyroid disease. This isn't surprising, as this runs in my family-mom, aunt, cousin. My A1c is high, but he said because I take care of myself, I'm not at any significant risk for diabetes, but definitely recommended that I continue to eat Paleo-ish and exercise. Again, I'm not too surprised about the diabetes risk factor, as it often goes hand in hand with PCOS, and 40% of women with PCOS develop Type 2 Diabetes before age 40. Can I get back to my Internist though...HE TEXTED in the middle of our appt. and completely ignored us and then lost his train of thought. I was SO angry/annoyed. It took everything I had in me to just be nice and respond to anything he said the rest of the time. Jared definitely asked me, "When did I become the calm one?" Anyway. Repeat blood work in 6 weeks to look at levels, and HSG next week. I'm praying with all my might that my tubes are not suddenly blocked!
...Friday, May 29th, 2014
Tubes are clear! The HSG was definitely uncomfortable again...painful at times, but bearable. I'm so thankful it's over and that my future eggies have a path to travel down! ;) Now, we wait. I'll go back on BC for the month of June and then hopefully we'll start our first cycle of treatments in July sometime, just depending on how our summer plans play out. We are praying for one baby. One try. We know our God is bigger than PCOS, bigger than any statistic, and for that we praise Him!





5 comments:
Sending love and prayers!!
I'm so sorry! I want to punch the guy for you! I don't understand why people who have no compassion would go into the medical field?!! Praying sweet friend!
Hugs my friend!
I'm trying to get caught up with everything! First of all, thank you for being so open and honest. I know how hard that is but know you are encouraging so many other women reading this. Secondly, you are so loved. You and your family are being covered in prayers. God is good!
I know the feeling all too well!! I love my sweets and carbs but wonder when that diabetes may hit me with my PCOS:( I hope that one try is all you need! The good thing is that you are getting everything checked, so you won't have a setback in the middle of everything. I will be saying some prayers.
Post a Comment