...Since we missed last year's family vacation, we were more excited than ever to spend a week in the sand and sun! This was Grey's first official beach vacation (I don't count Galveston since 1. she was 4 months old, and 2. it's stinky down there) and we were so excited to see how she would do! Jared always has a big work show the week of our vacay, so some years he goes and others he doesn't. He decided last minute to come for the first half of the week, so unfortunately we weren't on the same flight...BUT thankfully Gigi had agreed a while back to take on the adventure of flying with a toddler with me.
Grey was a great little traveler. On the flight there she played and played and ate and ate. Gigi had packed her a new backpack full of fun new snacks and toys. This was a huge hit! She finally fell asleep the last 20 minutes of the flight and never woke up until we got to baggage claim.
Grey HATED the sand. She wanted nothing to do with it. The ocean was pretty scary for her the first day, but she eventually loved splashing and playing in it. On the last day she even walked straight into the waves, until the water reached her knees. She never quite warmed up to the sand though, but did walk from the ocean to her towel a couple times. Honestly, Grey's absolute favorite thing about being on the beach was eating crackers that my Aunt Sue Sue brought down and drinking her ice water. Like mother like daughter. And can I just say, my girl can tan!! She was out half the time I was and, of course, wore 50 SPF but she is every bit as tan as I am. Thank you Gigi for those good genes!
The sleeping was a little rough. Gigi, Grey and I all shared and room and Grey decided she needed to have all 4 of her molars break through on vacation. We were on a consistent 4 day Tylenol schedule until the worse passed, but she was so restless at night. She would wake up crying and just want to be held. I know teething was a huge part of it, but I think being in a new place also contributed to it. I didn't want her to wake anyone, so I enjoyed the snuggles and put her in bed with me a couple nights. One morning she woke me up by repeatedly kissing my face. How can you not wake up happy to that!?
Grey also loved all the attention from her FCORs and Aunts and Uncles. She walked around giving high fives and kisses, waving, giggling and just showing off. It was rather cute to watch. She Loved walking around with other people's clothes and bottles from the bath- apparently she doesn't need toys for entertainment.
We truly had the very best time just relaxing and enjoying family. We are so blessed to all get along and genuinely enjoy each others' company. The weather was so perfect (thank you for no hurricanes this year!) and it just wasn't long enough.
Our flight home was delayed, then delayed again, and then we sat on the tarmac waiting for a navigation issue to be fixed before finally taking off. Grey was so tired and we managed to get her to nap for about an hour and a half- before my arm fell asleep and I HAD to move and woke her up. Her poor ears bugged her and there was about a 5 minute period of on and off screaming. I felt so bad, but we made it through!
We can't wait for our next family vacay!


























2 comments:
Sweet girl!! I see those molars! Sounds like a fun trip though!! :)
Thanks for sharing! You both are so beautiful!
Post a Comment