Pages

7.02.2014

Arboretum (Prestyn's A Day)...

...The first week of summer, Miss Angela invited Grey and I to join her and Prestyn on a field trip to the Arboretum. Angela and I became fast friends after working together last year and having baby girls a few weeks apart. Sadly, Angela is now at a different school (Grey's future elementary school), but thankfully lives right down the street from us. Angela is doing the ABCs of summer for Prestyn (which I will totally be copying next summer) and the Arboretum was part of her 'A' day. Angela will be teaching our girls important early literacy skills and I will take over when they get to long division! : ) (Here is the link to Angela's blog so you can see all her fun, creative, easy ways to incorporate the ABCs into your summer!)

Anyway, it couldn't have been a more perfect mild summer day! The only disappointment was that you are apparently not allowed to take a wagon into the children's park...although it's okay to take a double stroller? We were pretty fired up about that. But don't you worry, we made our voice heard and filled our comment cards...and then got over it.

Here are our pictures!
These girls traded sippy cups and snacks the whole day!
 Sweet Prestyn
 This grass is soft!
 Two little explorers.
 A girl and a bench.
 So lady-like.
The fake smile. "Cheese!"
The pensive finger-sucking face.


So these are not from the Arboretum...obviously, our grass isn't that nice. But I loved the way I captured the sunlight with my lens. 
 My favorite.
 Well looky there, it's Georgia dog.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this! Thank you for the shoutout and blog sharing! I need more followers! I feel so lame in the blog world! ha!

And I love the pics of Grey! The one of her "cheese" face made me LOL! So cute! And I love the picture of P! I seriously need a tutorial from you!!

The Heart Of A Woman said...

Cute babies and what a great photographer!!!! I will definitely be looking at Angela's ideas! Thanks for sharing!

stephemcdonald said...

Great pictures!! Way to go girl!!

Ashley said...

I'm just now catching up on blogs! Infertility isn't easy! I like how you have opened up about your journey. I've met so many women that have/are praying for a child. I felt if my openness could help one person that is great! I will be praying for you! I know you have been hoping this time would be "easier". I hope so:) Everything I have been through has made me the mother I am today! God will lead you and I know HE has plans for another bundle for you to love on!!

By the way, love the photos in your backyard!