Pages

8.29.2013

Weekly Randoms....

...Today was a four day work week. We are heading to Indiana tomorrow for my Grandma's funeral. It will be very bittersweet, and I'm sure I'll write more about her life later. For now, I'm simply exhausted! Work is kicking my butt! I am so busy all day, which is great because I don't have time to sit around dreaming about being a SAHM, but it's also bad because I forget to pump at the normal feed times and will suddenly realize I need to relieve the pressure! Eek! I think this has resulted in me fighting off mastitis. I've tried to get it a couple of times in the last 5 months but have been able to avoid the full blown horror I hear it can be. As of now, I'm achy all over and have a tender and red duct. Fun. I'm praying it goes away, and also praying my baby girl will sleep (or at least not fuss) on her very first flight. I'm nervous. Nervous and tired. And achy.

On another note, I am pretty excited about wearing something other than athletic shorts and a nursing tank now. So I took pictures of my get-up every day. Because I'm sure everyone is dying to know what I wear. Don't mind the books in the background of the pictures. I pump in this little closet in the back of my room. It happens to have been equipped with a mirror. The mirror hangs crooked and really annoys me. I obviously didn't hang that thing! I feel weird taking pictures of myself.

 I always wear heels the first day of school, forgetting that I have lived in flip-flops for months...ALWAYS resulting in blisters and having to wear sandals the rest of the week.
 I bought these railroad striped skinnies at Old Navy for $8!!!
 So, I guess I liked stripes this week. And skinnies.
I also took the liberty of buying new organizational supplies for my desk/office area. Because, if I have to work, I must do it in style. You may notice I have a lot of pens and sharpies. I'm kind of obsessed with buying colored pens.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Our life with 2 P's said...

Very cute outfit choices! You always know how to rock a good style :) At least going back to work gives you a great excuse to buy new clothes!

Unknown said...

Super cute outfits! But mastitis?! oowee ow ow ow! You need anbitiobics stat! Hopefully you have your heat/cold therpay with you to help...get to feeling better soon! :)

Lindsey said...

You are so dang cute! Love your style.
I'm sorry to hear about the Mastitis. That sounds awful!! And I am so sorry for your loss of your Grandma. Mine is very close to the end and I know it will break my heart when she's gone. I can only imagine how you are feeling.

stephemcdonald said...

Love all the outfits momma!! I miss having an excuse to shop and dress cute but I guess scrubs 5 days a week is easy and convenient!