...This is the week that will go down in infamy. Okay, maybe not. But, wow, what a week it was. Mommy had to go back to work. HARD. That's all I can say. Actually, that's not all I can say. I have many thoughts on the subject. First- after not working for 4 1/2 months, there is A LOT to get caught up on, on top of new to-dos. It was very stressful and after I put you down at night I would continue working until my eyes wouldn't stay open anymore. I know that part will settle down and I'll get back in the groove. What won't settle is my heart breaking each time I leave you. In the mornings I leave you with daddy, and he takes you over to TuTu's (Teresa, your sitter). So, really he has the harder job. I just pretend I'm running an errand and your hanging with dad. But I still cry. I don't cry because I'm worried about you. I know you are in great hands and loved all day long. I cry because I don't get that time with you. And I'll never get it back. Just typing that makes me tear up. You change so fast. I know right now that you don't really know that I'm not there and that you're still sleeping most of the day- but it still hurts. It has even been harder on daddy. He's told me more than once to quit! I don't have plans on quitting just yet. You will one day learn that mommy has a very big sense of loyalty, commitment and obligation. And while no job is as important as you, I do have people depending on me right now. I am praying for the day and perfect timing of when to stay at home. Maybe it will be when you have a brother or sister (if we are so blessed to do this again), or maybe sooner. Even though it's hard going to work, I do have a peace that I'm in HIS will right now and right where I need to be. I'm not sure of the reasoning to me working yet, and maybe I'll never know. I'm just going to be obedient, pray, and listen. And in the meantime, I'm going to love on you every second that I can. You are the best part of my day, Grey. I'm so thankful for you. And I have many reasons to be thankful for my job.
A friend introduced me to this song the other day and it just describes everything I feel.
You and the sun are up before I'm ready
But ready or not, you need me
So here I am
I'm learning that in the long hard days
There is beauty
Do you know my favorite place to see it
It's when I look at you
And though I'm tired now
You're worth every sleepless night
You're worth it all, cause I know...
You're the best song I'll ever write
And we're humming and dancing through the years together
You're the best song I'll ever write
And I pray you'll hear Jesus in it when you're older
I remember when you were just a heartbeat that I heard
and now our eyes meet
Forever is not enough to love you
Every prayer for you is like a seed in the ground
Every tear I cry is like rain
And in its due season
I pray a harvest will be found
Your heart and mouth confessing Jesus' name
Your heart and mouth confessing Jesus' name
...Here are your weekly highlights & pictures...
- I am pretty sure you are getting a tooth. I don't feel anything but the chewing and drooling has picked up! "Mini-me" is in full force! You spiked a little fever too, but didn't have any other symptoms of being sick- so I am chalking it up teething!
- You're working on a laugh. I think we've heard some little giggles, but I think you're working to really let out a belly laugh! It comes out as a high pitched squeal followed by air. It's cute. Just like you!
- You've been to work with mommy twice so I could finish up a few things before going home for the evening. You have met some of my sweet co-workers!
- You also went to see Uncle Brandon, Aunt Steph, and your P cousins in their new home that is JUST 10 MINUTES from us! We are so, SO excited they are here!!
- You are officially NOT a morning person. We have gotten up at 7 all summer and now I am waking you at 6:30. You are NOT ready. You will turn/roll away from me, keep your eyes closed and suck your thumb. Then when I pick you up you whimper and let out a pathetic little cry. You don't actually open your eyes until I'm done changing your diaper. At which point I get a little morning smile. Oh, sweetheart, I know. I SO know.
- You had your first chiropractic adjustment!! Mommy was in desperate need of seeing her chiro- I hadn't gone since before your birth. The chiro and secretary wanted to meet you, so I brought you up and the Doc checked you out too! I've read about the benefits of adjusting babies and I think I will continue to have you go with me & get adjusted too! :

















6 comments:
You are such a good mommy! I read this just a minute ago and want to share it with you
http://lisajobaker.com/2013/01/grace-for-the-working-mother-and-her-guilt/
I know the time will come when you can spend all day and night with her! I always tell myself, each day makes you one day closer. I agree with the other comment on you being such a great mommy!
I LOVE that song! I may post it to my blog too so I can remember it. Leaving Brant is getting harder and harder too...not easier. :(
She is so precious. Hang in there! It's a roller coaster for sure!
Oh it gets easier Momma, I promise!
Megan
http://hellonewlywedlife.blogspot.com/2013/08/what-if-blogging-were-sorority.html
You are such a strong mommy! Grey is one lucky girl to have you. Everything will work out because God knows your sweet heart!
Post a Comment