Pages

8.18.2013

I am THAT Mom...Week 19...

...Getting right to the point today (because momma's head is about to explode with prepping to go back to work, grocery shopping, and other to-do's)! Here are your weekly highlights and pictures...

  • You had your first boo-boo Monday morning. You have started to roll, not just once, but multiple times in a row. Well, you decided to  roll right into the coffee table! Mommy wasn't fast enough to stop you from hitting your head on the leg! I definitely gasped when I saw you bump it, but I tried not to over react and see what you would do. Well, you screamed! It was just about the saddest thing I've ever seen. You screamed and screamed and mommy just held you.  You had a little red mark, but no bump. I know this is just the first of many ouchies!
  • You are biting, chewing, drooling, and sucking on EVERYTHING! You especially like mommy's hands. You get mad when things won't fit in your mouth. You make funny grunting noise too. Cutest. Thing. Ever. Yes, you are. We call you mini-me ("No biting Mini-me")...so one day we'll have to watch Austin Powers so you can understand the reference.
  • You LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to play airplane. Or "Grey-plane" as mommy calls it. You get the BIGGEST smile on your face when we zoom you through the air. You also like balancing on mommy's knees. It's probably fun for you to look down on us, instead of the other way around for once!
  • Your definitely going through some major "stranger danger" right now. I'm sure it won't last for forever though if you're anything like your mommy and daddy.
Well, hello there!
 You've taken to sleeping with your butt in the air and your face, face down! You also will burrow yourself in the corner. The first few nights you started doing this mommy and daddy would roll you back over because you were freaking us out. You would just flip right back around. We are getting a little more comfortable with the idea that you can breath that way...although I have no idea how!!
 You love to look at books!
 This is pretty much your favorite activity!
 We tried the jumperoo again and you liked it!
 Sometimes when you can't quite get your body to flip back over, you give up and just start sucking your thumb.
 You were supposed to be napping, but instead you were sitting in this sweet position just talking to your self and grinning. Melt your mommy's heart.
 Hanging with daddy on the couch and completely enamored with Bob. Who wouldn't be? Like mommy, like daughter.
 This happened twice this week. Not sure how you Houdini-ed an arm out of your pjs, but it sure was cute!
 Mommy, daughter love.
 Cross-eyed staring contest with your octopus. Bath time is the best!
 More fun times...
 You decided to roll right off your play mat and got UNDER the coffee table. Not sure how you managed to NOT bump your head this time, but I officially will not be taking my eyes off of you! You were definitely wearing a look of confusion when we saw you!
 We visited Grams and GiGi at her nursing home. You loved looking at Grams and playing with her hands. She loved grabbing your sweet feet and cheeks!
And here you are in full on Mini-me mode. 

 And that my dear, was another week in your life. The fun just keeps coming... : )
Photobucket

4 comments:

Kelsea said...

Oh she is just so beautiful! Those big eyes are just gorgeous!

stephemcdonald said...

Oh sweet Grey, love the week recap!! Oh and the preggo brain will still be in full vengeance for a while not to worry it at least returns 3/4 once you return to work so don't stress!! Love you, praying for you tomorrow!

Lindsey said...

She is seriously just so adorable. I can't get enough! She's a strong baby!!

Thanks for the photo advice! :)

Kristin said...

I know it's because they are so close in age but Grey and Greer are so much alike!!! Greer is all of a sudden (within the last few weeks) a belly sleeper and does the same things with burrowing into the corner and the butt up. Not to mention the teething (this can be a long process before teeth actually appear from what I hear), putting things in the mouth, grunting, etc. I need to do an update but I seriously have no time. Tonight is the first time I've even read any blogs in about two weeks I think. Hope pumping is going ok for you. It sux. :) xo