Pages

8.07.2013

Four Months...

Dear Little, Sweet Grey,

It's always hard to believe when another month of your life passes. I look back on pictures from your first few weeks and can't believe how much you have already changed! I still think you look like mommy, but see glimpses of your daddy in some of your expressions.

If I could describe motherhood in one word right now, it would be fulfilling. I love spending my days with you. You make all the ordinary seem so extraordinary. Every little thing you do just fills my heart with joy! My cup runneth over.

People used to say marriage is hard and when I first got married, I didn't really understand that phrase. It was easy. It was natural. Now, there have, of course, been difficult times, some tears, disagreements, but overall marriage brings happiness to my life and it's all worth it. I feel the same way about being your mommy. They say it's hard, that is changes everything. They're right- it DOES change everything. For the better. Maybe it's because you're an easy baby and an EXCELLENT sleeper, but so far I feel like this has been easy. It's been natural. I KNOW with all my heart that I was meant to be a mommy. A mommy to YOU. The Lord hand picked you for our family. I know hard times will come with you. That parenting will have it's challenges- especially if you're as stubborn and strong-willed as both of your parents. Plus, you're a girl, so I know there is going to be some drama thrown in! But it's going to be worth it. So worth it.

I pray that your daddy and I will be the parents you need. That we will model for you what it means to follow Christ. That He will stir a desire in your heart to follow Him. Because that is the only way to have life and have it to the fullest. It's what truly makes each day worth it. You are a child of God. You are loved. You are fearfully and wonderfully made.

We LOVE you with all our heart. With every ounce of our being.

XOXO-
Your mommy and daddy

Here is your typical schedule right now:

7:00: Wake up, diaper change, eat ,play. You greet us with the sweetest smile and coos every morning. You try to act bashful and will turn your head after you grin. It makes this non-morning mommy officially a morning person! After you eat, you just like to be held and rocked until you're fully awake and ready to play. Then we go to your playmat and you talk to all your animal friends. Mommy makes a cup of coffee and pumps. She has to hurry back to you though because as it turns out, you require attention. You will play contentedly as long as you know someone is by you watching...you want interaction and take comfort in knowing we're nearby. Which is great- but at some point you'll have to play a little more independently!

8/8:30-10/11: First nap! You wake up between 10 and 11. You are swaddle free now and quite the roley-poley. And you do 180s and 360s in your sleep.

10/11: Diaper change, get dressed (I see no point in getting dressed until you have to in the summer!), eat, and play! We usually play in your room at this time. You have a favorite Baby Einstein, First Words, book and you also love your Sophie the Giraffe and another little gadgety-toy.

11/12: Back to sleep for your second nap. Your wake times are right at an hour right now. Sometimes a tad longer. You're still a pretty sleepy baby. You let us know by fussing. You won't really nap very well in our arms anymore- you prefer to be put in your crib where you will cry for a few seconds, find your thumb, turn to your side or stomach and go to sleep.

1/2: Diaper change, eat, play! (If we have errands to run, we usually will go after your first or second nap.) You like to be in the Ergo carrier, NOT your stroller or carseat. You love to look around and then will usually fall asleep on mommy's chest. You are a great grocery and Target shopper...but I don't anticipate being able to try on clothes with you for a while. Hopefully you'll like shopping in your stroller soon enough.

3/4: Nap number 3.

6/7: Diaper change, eat, bathtime or play.

8/8:30: Off to dreamland for the night. You sleep like a champ at night. You love to talk to yourself before you drift off. It's so fun for mommy and daddy to sit and listen to you. You bring such joy to our lives!

*Your evening routine is a little out of whack right now. We are working on really nailing down a better schedule, but for your 3rd nap you will sometimes only sleep for a little while, but you can't stay awake until your next feed, so you take little cat naps. I think you may be working towards dropping the third nap and making it one little cat-nap...but who knows!? We'll figure it out eventually. I secretly hope you drop the nap soon so that when mommy goes back to work she will be able to pick you up and play with you until bedtime. : ) Really though, I just want you to be a happy and healthy baby- so you can sleep as much as you want!






Photobucket

2 comments:

stephemcdonald said...

Oh I feel the EXACT same way about motherhood!! I was made/born for it! Can't wait to see you and sweet Grey soon and I guess Jared;)

Our life with 2 P's said...

Such a blessing!! You and Jared are the best parents and she is blessed beyond measure. We can never be prepared for joy; we can pray for joy and when our time comes, it's unexplainable. I love seeing you as a Mommy and experiencing Mommyhood with you. Four months has gone by way too fast! Freeze Frame Time is one of my favorite songs because I value every day, age and moment with my kiddos and want to freeze time with a happy heart :) Love you and love Greydar! :)