Pages

8.13.2013

"Friend-cation" 2013...

...Back in June, our friend Ashley had a brilliant idea of getting our group of friends together for a long weekend getaway. It was one of those last minute things that you don't know will work out, but it did! I have a really solid circle of best friends from high school (and one from college) who get together every month, if possible. All our husbands get along and now we all have babies! Five couples and their babes were able to make this year's trip...and we've decided to make it an annual vacay since we had so much fun!

...So this year's trip was to Galveston! We were able to find a house to fit all of us. We cooked two nights and went out one night. I think next year we decided we need a sitter if we're going to go out. We went right during Grey's bedtime and she was not a happy camper at dinner. She doesn't like sleeping in our arms anymore- so I ended up just taking her back to the beach house so she could sleep and the rest of the restaurant could eat in peace! After the babes were in bed, the mommies (and daddies) had lots of fun! The ladies had a crazy dance party...and all I can say is these babies don't know how cool their moms are. But don't you worry- we have some videos to show them when they're older.

...It was so fun to take our first family vacation with friends. Grey had her first pool and beach experience. She loved the water! Here are just a few of the 250+ pictures I took!

On the road. Grey pretty much looked like this on the way there and back. It was a great age to take a road trip since she still sleeps so much! We stopped once each way to eat. She barely made a peep.
My bathing BEAUTY. I mean for real, she steals my heart away.
Beach fun...burying Cole.
Nap time on the beach. The humidity and heat knocked her out. She rarely sleeps in my arms anymore.
This may be my favorite picture. Three girls trying to fix a toilet.
The sweetest face and smile. (Wearing her shirt that Miss Stephanie made her.) How'd I get so lucky?
My YUMMY birthday cake!! When it was brought out, the hubs definitely asked, "Whose birthday is it?" Oh boy.
On the way home...can hardly keep that thumb in her mouth.
All packed and ready to go...why is my mom taking pictures of me in my carseat?
Daddy's driving? Yikes!
(It was really humid, hence the foggy pics.)
Pictures from Grey's first pool experience. She LOVED it. She smiled and cooed and just took it all in. She loved being held by her daddy! I think this helped cement the idea that we need our own pool. This little girl is going to get whatever she wants from her daddy. We're in trouble!
Mr. Wyatt!
Sweet, beautiful Isabella!
More Grey...
First time on the beach!!!
Precious, adorable Rosalie!!! How cute is this bikini!?
It's so hard being this cute!
I guess I'll just bite my fingers.
Mr. Graham!
Toes in the sand!! Grey LOVED to move her toes in the squishy sand.
Cole and Graham.
Beach Baby...
Friends and babies. On the beach. The best.
The babies.
The paparazzi.
Babies before dinner.
More pool time. This time with mommy! (Oh my gosh, I'm a mommy! It still sounds weird. Kind of like when I was a fiance, or a wife...Well, I still am a wife, but you know what I mean.)
And one last round of baby pics. HOW in the world did we manage to get 3 total baby pic sessions with minimal-zero breakdowns!? We also managed to get 2 days of babies napping at the exact same time. Which gave us mommies time to lounge by the pool (and for Miss Stephanie to "unleash the beast".)
...This trip was a reminder of how richly I have been blessed. I truly have the MOST amazing friends. I am so, SO thankful for the roles they play in my life. I can't wait for next year's trip- and hopefully we'll be adding the rest of the couples and babes too!
Photobucket

4 comments:

stephemcdonald said...

Yay Friend-cation I may have to steal that and post tomorrow. I think Isabella has Dennis convinced we need a pool too....those smitten daddies!! Love, love what a blast!! Can't wait til next year

stephemcdonald said...

PS Grey looks absolutely to die for in that navy bathing suit and hat!! My fave!

Elizabeth said...

Looks like you had such fun!! What a blessing to have good friends! We are going to Galveston next month for a family vacation. Any recommendations to do?

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous pictures! We loved going to Galveston too when we lived in Houston. I can't wait to take Maggie to a beach someday!