To my heart, Grey,
Another month has come and gone. Another month where I have learned just how deep a mother's love can be. It's been hard going back to work and not spending my days with you. For now, daddy and I have prayed and decided it's best that I work. We are praying for God's will and hoping that I may be able to stay home with you in the future. For now, you are the best part of my day. I cannot wait to get off work and drive as fast (and safely) as I can to go get you. When it's you, me, and daddy in the evenings, my heart is complete. God has blessed our little family and we're just perfect matches for one another! You love going to Tutu's and never cry during drop-off and I've never seen you cry when I pick you up either. I know you are having fun with your friend, Steen, and then Sammy and Gabriel when they come home from school. These boys are teaching you all kinds of interesting boy things and they sure do love and dote on you! That makes my heart happy, knowing you are taken care of and loved while you're away from mommy and daddy.
You had about a 2 day sleep regression this month and didn't really nap for those two days. Other than that, the dreaded sleep regression I heard so much about, didn't seem to last! Phew! You are still a champion sleeper! Your wake times are getting longer and you are just growing & developing so fast. It seems like you master something new everyday. It is just so fun watching you learn!
You went on your first road trip and plane ride this month (Galveston & Indiana)! You still love to suck your thumb...and really anything that comes near your mouth! You only cry when you're hungry and ready for bed- and occasionally around strangers!!! : ) You've started to scratch everything to feel different textures and make noises. You also have discovered your feet can actually go in your mouth!!!
Your daddy and I still turn to one another and say, "we can't believe we have a girl!" Then we talk about how we couldn't even imagine life with a boy. A little girl was just what we needed. You have stolen our hearts and we constantly thank God for the gift that is you. Becoming parents has been the best thing that has ever happened to us. We know the Lord has so much to teach us through you, and we have so much to teach you about the Lord. He loves you so!
You have been really off schedule this past month due to traveling and figuring out the whole working mom thing...but here is what your days mostly/kind-of/usually look like: You wake up at 6:30 on the weekdays and 7 on the weekends. You eat at 6:30/7, then between 10-11, 1-2, 4:30/5, and then finally around 6:30/7. Your eating seems to be pretty consistent at those times, but your sleeping is a mess right now. Your wake times are longer, usually 1 1/2 hr-2 hrs. But there are times you stay up for 3 hours. You're taking 2-3 naps (1-2 hrs) during the day and then a very short one in the evenings (30-45 min.). You usually go to sleep around 7 or 7:30, but occasionally earlier or later. Ugh- does this schedule seem a little irregular!? It feels that way. I think you're trying to reorganize your naps, so hopefully we will settle into more of a routine as we get used to mommy working and you being awake more!
We love you dearly baby girl, and can't wait to see what a new month brings!
XOXO-
Mommy and Daddy







3 comments:
You are such a great mommy! I love the picture explaining her milestones!
I love how she is showing more expressions and smiles in the last picture the older she gets! Getting too big!
She is such a doll! Maggie went/is going through the same stuff.
Post a Comment