Pages

9.08.2013

I am THAT Mom...Week 21 & 22...

...With us being out of town last weekend, I didn't have time to post the 21 week update, so they're combined! These past two weeks have been a little crazy. We were trying to get down the routine of mommy working, and then we had to go to Indiana for Grams funeral. You've had lots of firsts and you just keep mastering new skills everyday! Here are your weekly (or past two weeks) highlights and pictures...

  • You had your first real airplane ride. (Not "Greyplane", which is currently your favorite game to play). Mommy was very nervous since you don't like to sleep in our arms and would definitely need to sleep on the plane. We did try a very small dose of Benadryl after getting advice from family and friends. I didn't want to give you the full dose for your weight, so I did half of that. You did great in the airport and truly did great on the plane as well. On the way there, there was a moment of about 60 seconds where you screamed. Daddy and I just kind of looked at each other, scared!! I immediately began to nurse you again. Anytime you got fussy I just nursed and you would fall asleep. Thank goodness for the boob! : )
  • You have done some pretty good laughing this week. It's still not often, and I have to do crazy things to get it out of you. But it is so worth it to hear that little giggle. My.Oh.My. I can't wait until you are laughing on a regular basis!
  • You have really begun to go after things. You can scoot around in a circle to reach things...and you try to scoot forward, but you're still working on that. It's funny to watch you try though, your little legs go all crazy trying to kick your way forward. You are able to grab things with both hands and bring things to your mouth. You love yours toes and love scratching surfaces with your nails.
  • While mommy and you were playing this week, I accidentally bit your finger! I know, how in the world did that happen? It was one of those things where your finger was in the wrong place at the wrong time, ha! You looked at me shocked and had a delayed reaction, but that scream definitely came! I felt soooo bad. Your finger was bright red! I promise I didn't mean to hurt you baby girl!!
Sweet snuggles...
 Going to the doctor with daddy to check out a rash and a swollen eye...verdict=allergies!
 Sigh. You're so sweet.
 Hair stylin'
 Lost her bow on the way to the sitter's.
Video fun...
 
Airport fun! Going through security!
 Little fingers and toes.
 Our snoozing girl. Waiting to board.
 Ready to fly!
 Hanging with your aunties.
 Uncle Brando "bearded out" our family!
 Snoozing on the way to the grave site.
 And then you woke.
 More riding...
 Playing with your favorite toy!
 We found mommy's baby clothes and were playing dress up!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Ashley said...

So glad she did good on the plane! I would have been a nervous momma too. You just don't have much to work with on a plane. How did the carrier work? Just getting prepared for when our time comes:)

Lindsey said...

I can't get over her cheeks! Boo to allergies!!