...So, when we first found out we were pregnant, I thought I would tell everyone our list for boy and girl names...and it looked something like this:
- Boys: Zach, Samuel, Alfred, Harry, Ronald
- Girls: Jessi, Kelly, Lisa, Hermione, Ginny
...In all seriousness, baby naming is HARD! There are names I loved at the beginning of pregnancy that I don't love anymore. There are so many names, yet so few to choose from. There are a million names we don't agree on. There are a multitude of names that are completely ruined by students I've been around...and on and on it goes.
...I really thought that Jared or I would just say a name. Time would stop. We would stare and say "that's it, that's our baby's name". Nothing could be further from the truth. Jared (sorry babe) is the worst name picker in the world. No joke. Our child should seriously be glad I am turning down most of his ideas (Bear, Bat, Green, Jefferson, Arwyn, Gertrude).
...Anyway, all this rambling to say, we got serious with our 20+ name lists last night and did some serious crossing off. My goal has been to have 3-5 boy & girl names to take to the hospital and then decide once baby is here. Jared just wants to decide now (which I am not ready to do). We are getting there though...especially with the boys! Girl names are harder to eliminate. Now, this list could very well change again...but I'm very proud of our decision making process. We practiced saying the names in different tones and imagined them at different stages in life- so that helped!
- Boys: Cohen, Deacon, Greyson, Nolan, Penn, Hudson (Do you notice all of them end in 'n'...that's not on purpose.)
- If baby is a boy, his middle name will likely be Hank or Henry, after Jared's grandpa. Jared and his grandpa had an amazing relationship and Jared thought he hung the moon. I love hearing Jared's stories about his grandpa because they were two peas in a pod and had such a special & unique friendship.
- Girls: Arden, Monroe, Fallyn, Parker, Lakynn, Sutton, Corrine, Grey, Merrick
- If baby is a girl, we would like the middle name to be Nicolette, my grandma's maiden name. However, we aren't 100% set on this and will pick something that sounds good with the first name.





3 comments:
Oh I love all the names! I can see why it's so hard to pick. I can't wait to hold him/her!
LOVE the ones you've narrowed it down to. I'm super impressed, that was quite the list you had! I have my 2 favs picked out!! Can.Not.Wait!!!!
I love all the names you've narrowed it down to. I agree that girl's names are so much harder!! I know that once you have that sweet baby in your arms it will come to you. :) Can't wait to see what you guys pick!
Post a Comment