This year, once again, we didn't really celebrate, but I had been planning a little gift for Jared that I decided to give him on Valentine's Eve. I had seen some "Daddy Survival" kits on Pinterest and decided I would do a little version of that for Jared. My mom had wanted to buy us our diaper bags, so we picked out an Eddie Bauer backpack diaper bag for Jared from Target. Jared loves backpacks, he even uses one for work, so I knew that would be perfect for him. I added a couple books, some energy drinks, an OU burp cloth, and Date Night in a Jar.
Date Night in a Jar is another Pinterest idea. I absolutely loved this and thought it would be a great thing to add to the "kit" to remind us both to put each other first and take time to be together. There are 3 categories for the date ideas...1. Stay at home, little planning, little $. 2. Night out, some planning, some $. 3. Big date, lots of planning, lots of $. I then wrote down date plans and color coded them with a ribbon & made a key based on the categories. See this blog for my inspiration.
I was very excited to give this to Jared and I am happy to report he was excited to receive it. He's already doing some reading and sharing his discoveries with me. I cannot wait to see him become a daddy! : )
Anyway, that's all I got for today! : )







3 comments:
What a cute idea! Jason has that same backpack for his diaper bag. It holds a lot of stuff!
Very cute! Jared is blessed by you. Can't wait to see him in full daddy mode :)
Oh my gosh!! I LOVE this. I will have to check into the date night jar idea. I was just commenting to Ryan about how much our lives are about to change and how I can't wrap my mind around it! We need to remember to keep each other first.
Post a Comment