Pages

12.26.2012

Bumpdate- Week 24...

...24 Weeks
How far along? 24 weeks (December 23rd)
How big is the baby? The size of a cantaloupe. I can't believe this little miracle started as a couple of cells! When the baby was a size of a raspberry, I couldn't even imagine him/her being this big...and there's lots more growing to do- YAY!
Maternity Clothes: None yet. Rockin' that belly band still & making my non-maternity shirts work while I still can! I figure I'll go as long as I can b/f I move into maternity clothes...
Sleep: Restless would be a good word to describe my sleep right now. I am only taking one bathroom break a night, which is nice. But I turn from side to side all night and sometimes just lay on my back too, because it's more comfortable.
Movement: Lots and lots of it. These kicks, flutters, waves, rolls, stretches are the highlight of my day. I always stop what I'm doing and reach down to feel my tummy. Sometimes I wake up to my sweet baby moving at night too. SO. IN. LOVE.
Food cravings: This week I have had a hard time deciding what even sounds good- so no specific cravings. Although I am still loving pastas, cheeses, fruits, and veggies.
Food aversions: Still just chicken.
Gender: Oh goodness, who knows!?
Symptoms: My back has definitely been very achy this week. This growing belly must be adding some pressure to the lower back!
What do I miss: Not a thing. Each week is amazing and new. I'm blessed beyond mesure.
Best moment of the week: Our glider came in! It will be hard to get Jared to move out of it...he wants to buy one for the living room! : ) My mom also came out and we narrowed down paint colors to 3 (all in the mint/sea green family) & picked out fabric for the bedding. I sure do love Joann's Fabric (wow, I'm old)- we got the pattern, material, and padding for right at $100 with coupons! I'm so thankful my mom can sew- b/c we are saving some major moolah! I'm also glad she LIKES to paint. Which is weird to me, b/c I see nothing fun about it!
What I'm looking forward to: Picking a color for the wall, eating on Christmas, being on Christmas break...Enjoying each day of this pregnancy.
Milestones: Baby is practicing his/her breathing, gaining fat, distinguishing voices, and growing, growing, growing!  : )

 Photobucket

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

You are so cute! Sounds like we are sleeping the same. I don't know why I'm so restless. Weird! I can't wait to see what you do with your nursery!

Unknown said...

You are tooo cute!! I can finally barely tell your pregnant!