Pages

12.19.2012

16-20 Weeks

 ...16 Weeks
How far along? 16 weeks (October 28th)
How big is the baby? The size of an avocado!
Maternity Clothes: Not really. I definitely don't even bother buttoning my pants- it can be done, but it's not comfortable. I still use a rubber band to extend the "button range" most of the time. I bought a couple bigger shirts since I'm in that stage of "is she getting fat or is she pregnant?" Since we still haven't really told anyone, I feel like loose, flowy shirts are the best option for now!
Sleep: Same- lots of bathroom breaks! I think I need a new pillow.
Movement:  I am pretty sure I felt him/her Saturday night on our way home from the Sooner game!!! It was a very distinct little feeling- hard to explain!
Food cravings: Edamame, sushi (nothing raw though, of course!) & fruit. 
Food aversions: Still just chicken.
Gender: This week I want to call our baby a she!
Symptoms: No real queasiness this week. Still ready for bed early, but I think the major exhaustion has passed!
What do I miss: Absolutely nothing. I love being pregnant and I love that God has chosen me to be a mommy & grow this baby!
Best moment of the week: Telling a couple more people about our blessing. We're slowly letting people know as we feel comfortable and as needed (ie- going to a conference and letting a couple coworkers know that I use the bathroom about 8 times a night and will have to stop several times on our road trip.)
What I'm looking forward to: More distinguishable movement and our dr. appt. on Tuesday.
Milestones: Making it another day, another week! And our baby went to his/her first OU game! We lost- boo.

 Random bump picture.
 ...17 Weeks
How far along? 17 weeks (November 4th)
How big is the baby? The size of an onion!
Maternity Clothes: Still no. I have two pairs of pants left that still button!
Sleep: Same- lots of bathroom breaks! I think I need a new pillow AND MATTRESS!
Movement: I am pretty sure I have felt lots of little flutters here and there from the baby this week! So exciting and ready for them to be even more distinct!
Food cravings: No real cravings this week. I have been fighting a cold though, so nothing sounds that great!
Food aversions: Still just chicken.
Gender: Who knows!? : ) It's funny to see reactions when I tell people we are not finding out the gender!
Symptoms: Just lots of bathroom breaks.
What do I miss: Absolutely nothing. I love being pregnant and I love that God has chosen me to be a mommy & grow this baby!
Best moment of the week: Sharing our news with more family and friends. It's exciting to have people excited with you! We also had another good news doctors appointment. Baby Gberry still has a strong heart beat and my uterus is growing appropriately!
What I'm looking forward to: More distinguishable movement, our next appt. in 4 weeks with a sono, & taking some family pictures!
Milestones: Making it another day, another week! Feeling those flutters!
Random bump picture.  Butt is bigger than bump.
...18 Weeks
How far along? 18 weeks (November12th)
How big is the baby? The size of a sweet potato!
Maternity Clothes: Not yet...rockin' tunics and anything flowy.
Sleep: Same- lots of bathroom breaks! I think I need a new pillow AND MATTRESS!
Movement: Lots of flutters and bubbles- a couple I could feel externally!
Food cravings: Nothing major- but I have been loving Cranberry Ginger Ale and just had my first ribs experience. I'm not sure why I waited 30 years to eat ribs- but now I want more!!!
Food aversions: Still just chicken.
Gender: I'm feeling very strongly it's a boy.
Symptoms: Just lots of bathroom breaks. Indigestion and gas have been much more mild these past few weeks.
What do I miss: Absolutely nothing. I love being pregnant and I love that God has chosen me to be a mommy & grow this baby!
Best moment of the week: Feeling the baby move still. There are no words to describe.
What I'm looking forward to: Jared being able to feel the baby move. Seeing our baby at our next sono in 2 weeks.
Milestones: Deciding on a color for the nursery. Actually agreeing on a couple of names we both like...this naming thing is serious business and seriously hard!
Another random bump picture. 
 ...19 Weeks
How far along? 19 weeks (November 18th)
How big is the baby? The size of a mango!
Maternity Clothes: Not yet...
Sleep: Same- lots of bathroom breaks!
Movement: Still lots of flutters and bubbles- no real pattern, but I get a little worried when it's been a while and I haven't felt anything. Jared got to feel his first "kick"! It totally freaked him out, ha!
Food cravings: None this week.
Food aversions: Still just chicken.
Gender: I'm feeling very strongly it's a boy.
Symptoms: Just lots of bathroom breaks. Indigestion and gas have been much more mild these past few weeks.
What do I miss: Absolutely nothing. I love being pregnant and I love that God has chosen me to be a mommy & grow this baby!
Best moment of the week: Every time I feel our baby move & Jared being able to feel our baby's little kick!!! : ) We also went to the Cowboys game and apparently this baby is a fan b/c (s)he was moving all around!
What I'm looking forward to: Seeing our baby next week at our sono. Eating on Thanksgiving.: )
Milestones: Making it another week- I'm so thankful for everyday I get to help this baby grow and develop.

It was time for another official bump picture this week, especially since I really felt like I popped!! My goal is to be a little more consistent from here on out! : )
How cute were these little boy outfits!? My friend, who is due 10 days after me, is a buyer for a baby line...I'll be doing some major shopping once baby is born! : )
Another random bump picture.
   ...20 Weeks
How far along? 20 weeks (November 25th)
How big is the baby? The size of a banana!
Maternity Clothes: Not yet...
Sleep: Getting more uncomfortable. I always wake up on my back- sleeping on my sides just isn't comfortable...it hurts my back and hips! I need to start experimenting with pillows.
Movement: Getting stronger and more frequent. It's my favorite thing in the world right now to just stop and feel this sweet blessing move!
Food cravings: BBQ. Yum!
Food aversions: Still just chicken.
Gender: I'm feeling very strongly it's a boy.
Symptoms: Just lots of bathroom breaks- I'm feeling great!
What do I miss: Absolutely nothing. I love being pregnant and I love that God has chosen me to be a mommy & grow this baby!
Best moment of the week:We bought the crib, dresser, rug and glider this weekend! It was far easier than I thought it would be. We both fell in love with the first one we saw. Now...if we could just agree on some names and other room colors...
What I'm looking forward to: Seeing our baby in 2 days. Praying all looks great on the sono & we have a healthy, growing baby!
Milestones: We're half way there- now we get to start counting down!!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Kristin said...

So exciting! I somehow just figured out you're less than 2 weeks behind me. Or maybe I knew and I forgot because of pregnancy brain. ;) I can't believe you weren't wearing maternity clothes at 20 weeks (though my mom swears she wasn't either)! You clearly have a long torso for that uterus to stretch out in. You look awesome!

Our life with 2 P's said...

Love all of the weekly updates :)

Jennifer said...

I'm so excited for yall! Love the bump pics! You are making me want one more :))