...I had such good intentions of documenting a day in our life once a month this year. I just love how crazy, stressful, wild, and completely full of joy and fun these days are. They're so, so busy and we're just trying to survive. I'm not even sure what we accomplish most days, but I never want to forget the beauty in the mundane.
However, along with my good intentions of documenting these days, is real life. Every time I thought I'd do a Day in the Life, I wouldn't remember until half way through the day. And my Type A, OCD personality just couldn't do half a day. Finally, 9 months later I set an actual alarm to remind myself when I woke up to document. So here goes...A Day in the Life...
This is my alarm schedule for work days. I'm a total "Snoozer". My first alarm goes off at 4:40. I actually get out of bed at 5. 5:30 is my warning to wrap it up in the bathroom (I shower at night, so it's just make-up and hair in the morning). 6:00 is my reminder to go get the girls up. I also get up at 6 on my non-work days.
This is me, in all my glory, first thing in the morning. You're welcome.
With my favorite tee: "A fun thing to do in the morning is NOT TALK TO ME."
I get mostly ready (minus clothes, bc why take off pjs before you have to?) then I head to the living room to do my bible study, pray, and just be with God.
I'm currently reading Radical, working through Can We Talk? for my Girls' Growth Group, and also She Reads Truth's Advent Devotional. The Q&A you can read about
here.
With coffee!
The next hour is where it's just crazy and I completely forgot to document anything. It involved getting 3 sleepy heads fed and dressed and out the door. I dropped them off at their school and headed to work. I love my drive across the lake.
Here is my office this year.
My desk area.
Where I chat with students. I LOVE art therapy activities.
Rules of Confidentiality.
All my lovely resources and file cabinets.
You might spy my best teacher ever trophy at the top. :)
What I wore. It's super official with my badge and walkie-talkie.
Can I just say that the best way to your staff's heart is offering jeans every day between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
I LOVE these new flats I got on Jane.com. Getting out of pjs and yoga pant has definitely been a perk of going back to work.
I ate breakfast at school today. #becausechildrenfirst
So I logged onto my computer and caught up on emails. School starts at 8 and I'm usually there about 7:20. #becauseiliketobeoverlyprepared
I spent my day talking with students, shopping for a family in need, and going to some meetings. At the end of the day I dug through my candy jar opening two-pieces of Starburst candy, searching for pinks. There was JUST one. Insert cry face.
On my way home I picked up my groceries at Kroger. This Clicklist service still brings happy tears to my eyes.
I picked up my 3 little pretties.
And as much as I love getting dressed for the day, it is comfy clothes and slippers the moment I walk in the door.
And I'm not the only on. I swear my oldest is my mini-me.
It's play time while I decide what's for dinner.
Try not to look impressed. I don't cook on work days. And yes, that;s a Halloween fork with a Christmas plate. #becauseMonday
Racing upstairs after dinner.
Where we play before baths. (I really just wait until both littles poop so we avoid "Code Browns" in the bathtub.)
My Voxer Line, "Friends Don't Let Friends Overtext" is going strong with dinner recs. This text group is part of my daily sanity. Combined with my Life Group girls text lines....I just couldnt' do life, and wife-ing, and mommy-ing without their wisdom and encouragment. I LOVE, LOVE my friends!
Babes are in bed btw. 7/7:30 and then I was off to Girls' Growth Group.
And that is a busy, uneventful Day in the Life. :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment