...After work on Wednesday, it was game on for Christmas. We made sure to have Christmas movies playing around the clock. Grey loved Elf, Home Alone, and The Grouch (aka Grinch), but Home Alone was definitely her favorite. #raisingherright We baked and cooked and just enjoyed quality time together.
I also boiled my Christmas potpourri. I made these little goodies for teachers, coworkers, mailman, etc. and kept one for myself. It was delightful smelling.
Gigi and Papa Bob came in Thursday night and spent all day Friday painting Grey's baby room pink (I'll post pictures of her big girl room soon). Grey loved the ladder and we caught her doing all kinds of random things on it. #surelythisissafe?
I said all day Friday, right? It's because Grey painted most of it. Just kidding. She helped with her little brush for about 5 minutes.
Hazel was not happy to be excluded from the painting party.
Scarlett just played.
Grey got to open her "need" gift early because it contained her new bedding and we were all anxious to see her big girl room come together!
By Christmas Eve morning, everyone was sick. All 3 girls had colds (which they ended up sharing with their momma) and had fevers. I was so sad because we weren't able to go to candle light service at church, which is my most favorite of all Christmas traditions.
Jared and I ended up having to run around town because the conversion kit for her bed didn't have slats. Then we actually had been given the wrong conversion kit, so we had the wrong sized mattress...and bedding... #alwaysourluck This was Grey's Christmas gift, so we ended up getting new bedding too. Ugh. It has all work out though and my mom will benefit with a queen mattress in the guest room now. And a new bed.
Everyone got baths and their new Christmas jammies!
They got to open their gift from Gigi!
Then everyone tested out Grey's big girl bed. It was a hit all around. I have visions of them all squeezing in here for a slumber party in a few years.
After the girls were down, it was time for drinks and Santa gifts.
I didn't get enough pictures this year. Which is probably fine with all the snotty noses.
Grey had wanted a washer and dryer from the AG store, but it was on back order until February, so I ended up getting her a Kid Kraft one that was bigger and nicer, in my opinion. She immediately noticed it wasn't the one she asked for when she came down the stairs. And she pouted. It was super disappointing for me. I had to check myself and remember that Christmas isn't about the perfect morning or the perfect gift...because that has already been given to us through the birth and death of our Savior. Grey and I had a long chat and we all moved on. It was a good teaching moment for everyone and my expectations for Christmas mornings have now been lowered. Ha!
"Grandma" had sent the girls these dancing Cabbage Patch dolls, Scarlett is obsessed!
And to sum it all up:
- Favorite gifts this year:
- Grey- Hazel's stroller
- Hazel- Scarlett's tea set
- Scarlett- Her and Hazel's Cabbage Patch dolls.
- Lessons learned:
- Just buy gifts you think the other sister would like best
- warn Grey when items are back ordered
- No Stressing!!- it's Jesus' birthday and that's all we need to focus on, everything else is just extra. Things don't usually go as expected and that's okay.
And that's a Christmas wrap. It was a wonderful Christmas season and I loved seeing Grey "get it" and get into it!


























0 comments:
Post a Comment