...It's 2017. Seventeen, y'all. That makes me feel old. For whatever reason, I have been writing 2017 on almost everything since
October, so I guess that means I've been ready for a new year.
2016 was so good to us- the babies finally got to leave the house in April, we hit up Ranger games, we had tons of fun play dates and outings, we welcomed our sweet twin nephews into the world, went to Spain, went to Napa, I started a new job, I finished a year of pumping, we celebrated birthdays, celebrated 11 years of marriage, we celebrated holidays through the eyes of the sweetest 3 little pretties, we frequented Hot Springs, my sister got married, we grew in our marriage, we grew in our faith, we watched our girls grow...we had fights, I lost my patience, I struggled with being content, the pretties got sick, Jared got sick, I had my own medical issues... Like every year there were ups and downs, but oh, the blessings. And oh, the memories. God is so good and I love how he uses the good and bad to shape us and grow us.
We ended up chilling at home this year for NYE, the first time since I was pregnant with Grey and was too tired to go out.
Grey woke up New Year's Eve morning covered in her own vomit. Always a lovely thing. So, while she seemed fine most of the day, we were cautious and skipped out on the family friendly NYE party at our friend's. Instead, we opted for movies, sparkling apple cider cocktails, Chinese food, and pjs on the couch. As much as I love ringing in the new year with friends, there was something super sweet about some quiet, quality time with my favorite man.
So...onto 2017...What's my plan this year? My goals? I don't know. I really try to avoid resolutions, since I feel like I spend all year making to-do lists and goals for the days, weeks, and months. (This is something I do happily, by the way.) However, one thing I'd like to do this year is go on an adventure once a month as a family of 5. I am defining an adventure as doing something new that we've never done all together. I'm excited to see what we come up. Also, on my current goal list for January is finishing 4 weeks of abs, legs, and arms with Alexa Jean Fitness and completely my second round of Whole30 (with proper reintroduction this time)! As always, I'm excited and in some ways, nervous, to see what 2017 will hold.








0 comments:
Post a Comment