...Last week I was enjoying a somewhat relaxing week in Spain! Jared had a training there again and took his entire sales team. All his guys were bringing their +1s, so he wanted me to join as well. And don't get me wrong, I TOTALLY wanted to go to Spain. However, I was very hesitant. I wasn't quite ready to leave the girls, or put a "burden" of watching 3 little pretties on someone else, or PUMP 5x/day while "vacationing", and I've been lucky enough to go to Spain 3 times already (Trip 1, Trip 2, Trip 3 I never got around to blogging about since I was preggo with the twins and really just not up for anything that wasn't sleep). Anyway, we worked out childcare and all that good stuff and I gave myself lots of pep talks to leave the girls...you know, I told myself how relaxing it would be, all the yummy tapas and sangria I would have, blah, blah, blah.
Well, the start of the trip was a complete, first world disaster. In a nutshell: Jared's mom, who was watching the girls for one shift, had an emergency heart procedure 3 days before we left and couldn't keep the girls on her day, EVERYONE in our house except for me got the stomach bug the day before we left, my pump started to go out (my third pump by the way) the week before we left and Medela couldn't ship the new one before we left- my pump literally stopped working as we were taking off from Philadelphia to Spain!! I was guilt ridden, filled with anxiety about my boobs bursting with no pump for over 12 hours, and overall just not happy to be leaving. Once we got to Spain and spent a good 2 hours trying to communicate the need for "leche de madre" and find a store that sells pumps (I had to buy two single electric pumps because apparently the Europeans only pump one side at a time!), I got set up and relieved the pressure and started to relax a little. It took me a day to really settle down and make sure the girls were all feeling better (it took them most of the week to be fully recovered) before I enjoyed the trip.
It was a great trip- we stayed in the beach town of Vendrell, between Tarragona and Sitges, just south of Barcelona on the coast. HP rented out the entire resort and it was just lovely. We stayed at El Meridian Ra and had a great view of the beach! HP had outings for the +1s to Barcelona for tapas and personal shopping, then to Sitges for a tour and lunch. I didn't go to Barcelona since it required me to be away from my pump for 8 hours. And I also skipped out on Sitges and opted for a nap in my bed. HP also arranged a tour to Tarragona for everyone there to see the Roman ruins and also a tour of a winery famous for their cava.
Overall it was a great get away and I had fun spending time with Jared! We will not be having more children, but if we were, I will probably never plan a vacation where I have to pump again. I much prefer obligation free vacays! :)
The view from our room! :)

Gelato and the Beach. Double Love.
And since I never got around to posting pictures from last year's trip (at 14 weeks pregnant...), here they are! And I must note that going to Spain and not drinking Sangria was very sad. It was also very sad trying to walk anywhere because I constantly had to go to the bathroom or felt crazy pressure like those babies were going to drop right out!

































































2 comments:
Spain looks so beautiful! I'm glad you go to go this year! Look at the girls sitting! They are getting so big!
SO fun! I heart Spain!! So glad it ended up being a fun trip despite all the craziness:)
Post a Comment