...
Oh my sweets! This past month has just zoomed by and you have both mastered so many skills! It's been a huge month for development and a huge month for a mommy reality check. The reality is that you are inching closer and closer to being toddlers and I'm inching closer and closer to saying goodbye to the baby phase of our life. And it makes me sad. I know our family is complete, but my heart truly breaks to know these minutes, hours, days are something I'll never get back. I am soaking in your baby smells, taking in your rolls, savoring your baby babble and coos. Oh, thank you Lord Jesus for these moments. For the opportunity to have three little pretties to snuggle and raise. I certainly don't deserve you girls, but I'm so thankful God gave me you.
- 8 1/2 Months Adjusted
- 3-6 month clothes, Size 2 diapers, I estimate you're both around 15 pounds!
- You both army crawl every where! You've mastered sitting. And pulling up. You are both fearless and have taken many tumbles. We have blocked off areas and have baby-proofed as much as possible. You both give me anxiety attacks daily and I'm just trying to keep you both safe!
- You both love baths, love playing with big sister, love exploring, riding in your stroller...It's so fun to take you places because you're completely content to just sit and look. We're taking advantage of this while it lasts!
- You are both too busy for diaper and clothe changes...so I would say this is your "dislike".
- Hazel- Oh goodness girl. You are my sweet, little hot mess. So far, you are the most like your daddy. You think everything is funny and you like to break the rules. You're so stinkin' cute, it's hard to not laugh and smile at you. I think the funniest part is that you were our baby B, the baby I initially looked at your daddy and said, "she's yours" (because you were also uncooperative, moving like crazy, and smooshing your sister!)You have the BEST giggle and love to get tickled, hang your head upside down, have your back and arms rubbed/tickled (you stop everything and just lay there). You have started to suck on your paci when you are in bed, but don't require it. I should probably throw it out now, but it's cute and only occasionally used. Hmmm, what else? You're getting a top tooth! Scarlett beat you to the first bottom, but you are taking the lead in the top teeth.
- Scarlett- Scarlett, you are my sweet, little serious girl. You also like to break rules, but it's more out of determination to get what you set out to get, rather than rebellion. You are my talker. You babble all the day long and it's the cutest sound in the world. You talk to your toys, clothes, everything. You also suck on your clothes. If I'm every confused on who is who, I can just look at the neck of your shirt because it is soaked. You love to have your head and back rubbed when we lay you down to sleep. And mommy has started to hold you a little longer and rock you before laying you down...these opportunities are quickly fading and I'm getting so sentimental about soaking it all in as long as I can.
- Schedule
- 6:30-7: Wake up & Bottle (I don't get you out of bed until 7, sometimes you sleep until 7:30)
- 8:00: Solids
- 9/9:30-10:30/11:30: Nap (The times vary, but you always go down between 9 and 9:30 and sleep for 1.5-2.5 hours)
- 10:30/11:30: Wake up & Bottle
- 12:00: Solids
- 1:30/2-3:30/4: Nap (Again, times vary a little)
- 3:30/4: Wake up & Bottle
- 5:00: Solids
- 6/6:30 Bottle
- 7:00: Bedtime
- Eating: You're taking 4 6 ounce bottles and 3 servings of solids a day (usually 9 ounces of purees a piece). We have also started to work on "real solids". So far you have eaten puffs, cheese, little yogurt bites, avocado, eggs, and banana. Hazel, you love to try these new things, and Scarlett, we have to shove the food in your mouth but once it's in there you don't seem to mind it! Hazel, you spit out anything you don't like or when you're done eating and smile about it. You think its the funniest thing and there have been some mommy-daughter stare-offs as I tell you "no-no" over and over again. Scarlett, when you are done you just purse your lips. A much wiser way to handle being done!
- Pumping: We donated milk to the NICU on your 10 month birthday and the next day I dropped down to 4 pumps. It's time to wean! I think you will have enough to get you to September, or at least close to that. My goal was initially a year, but I really want you to have breast milk until you are digestively a year!
We took big sister to Chuck E. Cheese while daddy took a few days off to hang out with us.


































0 comments:
Post a Comment