...A few months ago, I decided that I was going to do something for our garbage men. We have the most ridiculous amount of trash every week, compared to all our neighbors. Maybe it's the diapers, or hundreds of Amazon boxes, but every week the men have to actually get out of their truck and put all our piles of trash in the truck (Not sure about other neighborhoods, but our truck now has a machine/robot thingy that just picks up the trash can and dumps in the trash). We will randomly have a really weird thing out there too, like a broken chair or an old rug and they ALWAYS pick it up. Anyway, I wanted to do something for them because 1. I appreciate them, and 2. I really don't want them to decide to not take all our trash anymore!
So after having this on my to-do list for months, last week, Grey and I went through Starbucks and I got our gift cards. I must add, that the car in front of my paid for my drink that day...kindness- pass it on. :)
Yesterday we made thank you cards and got them ready to hand out.
Then today, we waited...our garbage men come by either really early, or really late. Today it happened to be early. It was a race to get out there in time...and sometimes you just go with what you got, which happened to be a naked toddler and a mom in a nursing tank with baby food all over it. I'm sure they were thinking, "What the heck?!' as we waited for them to make their way around our cul-de-sac.
Next up for an act of kindness was to donate milk to the NICU. I spent the last 2 days bagging up all my pumped milk for the day and giving the girls milk from the freezer stash. I decided a while back that I really wanted to donate milk to the NICU before I started weaning. And it's time to start weaning!
We used donated breast milk for the first 2 or 3 days of the twins' life as we waited for mine to come in, and it was important to me to be able to help other families if I was able. I make a lot of milk and this was just one way I could give back.
If you live in North Texas, and are interested in donating your breast milk, you can learn more here. It was a really easy process and I can tell you that families appreciate it more than you know and it truly can make a huge difference in the life of a NICU baby.
"We love because He first loved us."- 1 John 4:19












3 comments:
LOve this SO much! We are going to have to do this soon!
This is sooo awesome!! Love this!
I loved this! It actually made me laugh out loud, which I needed so badly! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment