Pages

2.08.2016

Whole30/February Photo Week 1...

...
We are one week into the Whole30.
So far, this has been spot on (Click on image):

http://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/
Today is day 8 and I definitely feel more awake and more clear headed than I have in a while, which is great! I can say that Jared (who decided to join in with me) and I haven't strayed at all. Including at my girl's dinner last week, where all I wanted was a Sangria! Another couple in our  Life Group is doing it as well, and started 2 days after us, so it's nice to compare notes and recipes with someone else.

SADLY though, I am not going to officially be continuing with the Whole30. My milk supply dropped substantially after the 2nd day. So days 3-6 I spent taking Fenugreek and eating a lot more calories (whole fat canned coconut milk, avocados, sweet potatoes, nuts, etc.). While my supply did improve it still wasn't back to where I wanted it. Right now, making milk is my job. My full time job, ha! So, yesterday I went and bought a tub of oats and started eating oatmeal with coconut oil, cinnamon, and raisins. Still sugar free, but definitely a grain. I also started some pumping power hours. My supply is improving and I think I'll have it back to where it should be in the next day or two.

All that to say, I need oatmeal while nursing/pumping. I ate it every day with Grey and have ate it every day with the twins, so for now that's what I need to do. I'm going to continue with everything else just as Whole30 guides because Jared is still staying the course and I honestly feel great doing it. I hate, hate, HATE that I can't finish it verbatim. I am the kind of girl that when I decide I'm doing something and set a goal, I do it. So, cheating with oatmeal is just painful. Which is why I'll hit up the Whole30 again when I'm done pumping.

Overall, It hasn't been too hard- the only thing I have really wanted is my morning coffee with cream, which I may or may not add back before the 30 days are up (because if I'm already cheating with oatmeal...). The worst part about Whole30 is the time/prep. There is no convenient grab and go meals. Everything must be prepped. You're not supposed to weigh yourself, but I just had twins, so I weigh myself at least weekly to see where I'm at. I lost 2 pounds this first week. Which wasn't my goal with doing the Whole30, but I'll take it. :)

So that's that. 

Onto my February goal of taking out my DSLR each day...I didn't do it every day, but did manage 5 out of 7, so not too shabby! I've mostly been messing around with my White Balance. It's hard to get the right tones when working inside my house without flash. The photos usually end up too yellow or too blue. I apparently need to go do some reading up on WB. And then practice some more. Here were my favorites from last week:

Don't mind that I made her wear a side ponytail that makes her channel Deb from Napolean Dynamite. Sorry Grey, #toohigh.
 Those fat baby cheeks are disappearing before my eyes.
 Grass never looked so interesting.
 It was waaaay to dark for this picture, but I couldn't resist Scarlett's sweet eyes peering over at me.
 Grey in her element. Coloring and reading.


 Pretty tulips made a great addition to my Valentine's decor, thanks Steph!
 Monster jammies, twirly skirt, and a giant teddy bear for the win.

 These two. Cue the heart eyed emojis.






And that's a wrap for week 1!
 photo sig_1.png

2 comments:

The Heart Of A Woman said...

Those three girls are just so pretty! Your pictures are great! I used to eat oatmeal every day and wish I still loved it! I hated it when I was pregnant with Landry, but the love soon returned. Then I hated it when I was pregnant with Briley and I have tried so hard to like it again! I put it in my mouth and literally gag. I guess the morning sickness finally did me in! I don't think the like for it will come back. I've tried it in smoothies thinking it was texture, but I gag with that too :(

stephemcdonald said...

Oh man!! Your milk supply is definitely super important right now! Maybe I'll do it with you when you get to do it again;)

Love all the pics!