...
Let's dive right in!
I am not sure I will ever had a picture before 7:00, because I'm just not fully functioning mentally yet. Today I got up at 5:50 and started to pump and get ready for the day. Jared was leaving the house at 7 for meetings today, so I had to get my game face on! On this particular day I didn't do my daily quiet time, because I spent too much time trying to make my hair look presentable.
The twins started to stir at 6:45, at 7 I got them up and they had their morning meds, diaper change and bottles. I moved them to their highchairs and let them play with their teethers while I washed bottles.
5 times a day. Every day.
The babies ate some butternut squash.
I got on Grey's monitor and sing some songs to help start waking her up around 7:45. She probably got up so I'd stop singing.
Grey's lunch is packed and her stuff is ready for MDO.
And I'm dressed. Before 8. Winning!
I make some breakfast. Applegate sausage and oatmeal with bananas and almond butter.
Grey comes downstairs (We let her decide when to leave her room now, it's much better for all of us involved. If you go up there before she's ready, watch out.) Today she came down and had already changed into her big girl panties! She was in a GREAT mood! Yay for Grey the Great! You never know with toddlers...
She is ready for breakfast too and wants to sit by "baby sisters".
We get everyone around and loaded in the car by 8:20!!
Which left us time to pick up Starbucks for her teachers.
No worries, this Whole30 gal got nothing. Not.a.thing. Tear.
Walking into school.
After drop off, I took the twins and taught them about American duty/privilege and VOTED!
Hazel was only slightly impressed.
Upon returning home I check my Voxer line (Group text) where today's topic is sippy cups. My Voxer line (and play dates) are my weekly sanity!
I also pump, prep bottles, and get my second cup of coffee.
Oh, and put my slippers back on.
Scarlett saw her bottle and was not happy I stopped to take a picture. If she sees her bottle. She wants it. NOW.
I made a quick salad bar for our lunch. Because that's what I do when I'm Whole30. I also offered fruit for dessert. They'll probably never come back.
Time to pump again.
The twins are crying, so I quickly go and put away some laundry and diapers.
Miss Bashful sees me and stops crying and pretends to be shy.
This one is squirming around trying to wake up.
So I take Hazel downstairs first. After putting her bow back in.
Now Scarlett is ready!
But not really, she just wants to chew on her bottle.
And a little play time before we leave to get big sis.
One of Grey's teachers was having her last day today. She is moving. She wrote the sweetest note to Grey that made me and her daddy cry. We are going to miss her and are so thankful she made Grey's first "school" experience such a great one!
I was starving when I got home (I'm pretty much always starving while I pumpa), so I ate some left over taco meat with avocado and salsa, and blended up some coconut milk and dates to pour over my fruit.
Grey immediately changed into a twirly dress and flip flops and played in her new sleeping bag.
And then we colored while the babies took a cat nap.
Then I pumped, prepped bottles, and we fed two sweet little girls.
We also FaceTimed with Aunt Min and Grey changed into her swimsuit for swim lessons!
We checked out the daffodils before loading back into the car.
On the way to swim, Shania Twain, I Feel Like a Woman came on.
I was belting it out (even though I really don't like the song).
Grey: You like this song mommy?
Me: Yea, I like this song.
Grey: Daddy likes this song too.
Me: I don't think daddy likes this song.
Waiting for swim lessons to start.
This is her first time back in sometime and she was excited! She couldn't wait for her teacher to call her name! But goodness, I was a little nervous because I know that it takes her a while to warm up and feel comfortable.
There were definitely tears the first few minutes and she wanted me. There is nothing worse than not being able to go comfort her because you know this is the best thing for her. She ended up having a good time, but it will take a few lessons to get in the groove. Next week her friend, Griffin, will be with her, so I think that will help!
The twins hung out in their stroller and were perfect angels!
(Don't you love my big, cheesy mom smile in the reflection!?)
Daddy surprised us when we were getting back into the car, so Grey hopped in with him!
Daddy made Grey dinner and got her cleaned up while I pumped and prepped bottles.
We've had some serious potty training woes in the poop department with Grey, so tonight we were trying something new...making her sit on the potty until she went. This is right before she headed to the potty.
It was time for the babies to eat one last time and get their "lotion bath".
Grey has been on the toilet for 20 minutes at this point. Still no poop.
I got some final snuggles with my littlest pretties and Jared and I put them to bed.
Jared and I went back and forth between Grey Potty duty and getting dinner ready. One hour in. Still no poop. Lots of whining and some tears. And some serious buttering us up. She told me, "your hair is so pretty, it's so soft, it's so long. I touch it. It's so pretty."
Nala is wondering why we aren't all just cuddled up relaxing yet.
An hour and a half later, she went!!! So she got her Critter school bus she had been working towards (3 poops equals a new toy).
We won this battle, but I'm pretty sure we still haven't won the war.
I finished up my part of dinner and Jared finished grilling steaks.
Grey gets a bath while I clean up.
Back to the sleeping bag for a little quiet time before bed.
(It's way past bedtime at this point, but not cleaning up her poop later makes it worth it.)
At 9pm I finished my last pump and cleaned the kitchen.It's 9:45 now and I'm off to write the twins 7 month post, then head to bed! It was a busy day, but a great day.
I must note, yesterday was a terrible day and I felt like a terrible mom. I went to Target last night and ran into a friend who encouraged me so much. She reminded me, "It's just a phase. DON'T MISS IT." I absolutely loved that. We so often say, "it's just a phase" in hopes it will soon end. But like everything in life, there is good and bad with every phase. I don't want to miss all the good that comes with each part of my babies' lives. Thank you Lord Jesus for my babies. For my husband. For these seemingly mundane, crazy days. These are the days I have been given to encourage, lift up, and guide my babies to You. What a privilege, what an incredible responsibility.















































1 comments:
Wow - you're amazing :) I'm so impressed by all you got done in one day with so many littles! I have 2 under 2 and was exhausted just reading through! I just love the encouragement from your friend too - I think we could all use that reminder! Even the hard moments are worth treasuring...it goes so fast!
Post a Comment