...
Grey,
We are just 2 short months away from your THIRD birthday!! I'm not even sure how this can be. I do know that every day you seem to grow up a little more and are less and less of a toddler. It truly brings tears to my eyes, but also a smile to my heart- because every day and every stage brings new joys that I get to share with you. I'm so lucky to get to watch you grow and learn. Being your mommy is the best job.
XOXO-
Mommy
Highlights and pictures:
- Wearing all 2T clothing, panties for the most part (but size 5 diapers/pull-ups at nap and bedtime)
- Potty Training Update: You're still doing great with tee-tee. You don't like public restrooms though and will hold it for a long time. Poop...well that's another story. You have no interest in using the potty for pooping. We've tried everything. I'd be lying if I didn't say I want to pull me hair out. I've lost my patience more than once, but I'm praying and trying to be patient. I know you'll eventually get there...
- You got a terrible infection on our finger from sucking it. It basically looked like a huge yellow blister- but was hard. This is graphic, but we had to pop it with a needle and then clean it out and you had to take oral antibiotics. I was waiting until you turned 3 to break you of this habit, but after this, I decided to start now. I put "special polish" on your fingernail every few days. As long as that is on there you won't suck it, and it hasn't really been a problem. You don't mind when I put it on and you don't mention it tastes bad, so we're going to keep with it!
- School is going great and you LOVE going. You didn't get to go to the treasure box twice this month because you were up at nap time again and trying to talk to your friends. Stinker.
- You are recognizing more and more letters- thanks to ABCMouse.com and school. You love the letter 'J'. You know lots of numbers 0-20, but you don't actually count in order. "2-5-6", "11-13-11-13", "2-3-5-6-7-9-10" are some of your favorite combos.
- We are teaching you your middle and last name, and all of our names. It's funny to hear you yell "Jared", when I'm yelling for your daddy to come here.
- Play- You like putting things into a bag, backpack, or a purse and carrying them around for a few days. This can include make-up, miniature Minion figurines, balls, or just random things. You loved wearing your Doc McStuffin coat this month, and giving check-ups. You also loved wearing your twirly skirts, mommy's flipflops and high heels, and mommy's old jewelry. Coloring is your absolute favorite. You are very intense while doing it...and bossy.
- You still love your sisters and love to play with them- bringing them toys, talking, and singing to them. When they cry you say, "I go check on them" and you do. If they're in their cribs you talk and sing to them or put a toy in there. And they look at you like you hung the moon. When they're fussing, you also say, "ooooooooo, it's okay, it's okay, I'm coming, I'm coming".
- One of my favorite things right now is when you get all dressed up and feel pretty. You always ask to dance. We made you your own playlist of all your favorite songs and you will twirl and dance and do ballet to them. It's so sweet to see how beautiful you feel (and are). I hope you always feel that way about yourself, because God has created you ever so perfectly.
- You're very dramatic, and ALL girl. You love pink more and more every day. You scream at the sight of bugs, dust, and dirt. You hate messes (unless you make them with your toys) and getting dirty. You love to say, "I sad" and frown.
- I love when you hold my cheeks in your hands and give me a kiss. When I'm going away you'll do this and say, "I'll miss you too much".
- You have suddenly taken it upon yourself and show a lot of initiative to "help". It's so sweet. You will bring me my phone and say, "You need this mommy?" or shut a door and look to see if we notice. "I shut dis for you". You love to help me make food, specifically moving things from the cutting board to a pot or plate. It's so fun (and sometimes a bit messier) having you as my helper. You have such a little servant's heart and you love to be praised for helping. Which is so easy to do! :)
- Your big girl panties apparently give you wedgies and you always tell us, "I got a wedgie" as you pick it out. It's hilarious!
- Schedule: To bed between 7-8, wake between 7-8. Nap...sometimes yes, sometimes no.
- You are in your big girl bed and doing great! We've had a few problems at nap time, but for the most part you stay there until we tell you that you can come down.
- I LOVE the misuse of pronouns at your age- "That's mes", "Her no do that"
- Your speaking is probably the rest of your highlights. From the mouths of babes, as they say!:
- "God made that moon! Thank you God! Tickles Moon!!" (You love to tickle the moon, sun, your sisters...)
- "It tastes in my mouth" (When you don't like a food)
- "Lots of 'em" (When we ask how many you want)
- "Tickles Sunshine!" (Randomly yelling while in the car)
- "I missed you so much today" (When I pick you up from school)
- The word probably. You say it all the time, which makes me wonder if I say it all the time?! "I'll probably want ___", "Hers probably ____"
- "Like Me", "Like Grey". You compare lots of things to you and your life now, so these little phrases are heard daily.
- and THE saddest..."Mom" and "Dad". It has broke our hearts to hear you drop the 'y' from our titles. Waaaaaa!
Watching one of your favorites, with no pants on...

Picking you up from school!
You usually request Starbucks after school, and I happily oblige! You also tend to fall asleep on the way home, so I take the long way home.
Since you may or may not nap...you take more snoozes in the car.
Mommy's friend sent this to me while you were at MDO. You were watching a puppet show and clearly confused why someone was taking your picture.
Showing Scarlett (I think) the ropes.
Notice the pattern? :)
So stylish. 2 swimsuites, a hat, and high heels.
I should mention that you fall off your bed almost every night. This night you were too tired to get all the way back into bed.
My view most days. The best view.
Helping Scarlett build a fort.
A pink donut with daddy before church. Oh how you love your daddy. He's the best.



















1 comments:
She is adorable!!! We had a hard time with poop too! I can't say Landry is a 100% potty trained, but she is doing much better! We still sleep in diapers and go to church in diapers. She finally stopped pooping in her panties when I let her see me throwing them away if she popped in them. She is attached to a lot of her things (working on breaking that) and the thought of her precious panties being thrown away was just too much! Ha! Good luck! Your doing great mommy!
Post a Comment