Pages

1.26.2016

Twins... 6 Months...

...
My beautiful babies,
I had forgotten how much sweeter each month gets with a baby. It's especially sweeter this time, knowing you girls are my last babies. I never want to forget the sweet, mundane moments with you two. My favorite thing in the world right now is peering into your cribs when it's time to get you up- whether you're just starting to stir, or crying, or playing with your sweet little feet, you'll look up at me with the biggest smiles. My heart just melts into a puddle. I want to hold on to these moments so tightly. I stand a little longer next to your crib, trying to soak up the way your face looks- chubby cheeks, big bright eyes...knowing that tomorrow you'll be a little older. But as hard as I try to memorize every little coo, the sweet baby smell, I know those memories will get foggy... So I'll take all the pictures and videos I can, as a way to try to hold on to each moment. And breath in your sweet scents every day. And smother you with too many kisses! You two are such a blessing to our family. You complete us.
XOXO-
Mommy

  • 4 1/2 Months adjusted! 
  • 0-3 month clothes,  size 1 diapers
  • Scarlett: Weight- 12 lbs 3 oz (5%tile) Height- 23.5in (4%tile) Head circumference- 42cm (72%tile) Scarlett, you are the talker, the tongue clacker, and you LOVE your feet- you're always holding them!
  • Hazel: Weight- 12 lbs 7 oz (7%tile) Height- 24.3in (19%tile) Head circumference- 42cm (72%tile) Hazel, you are the smiler, the FAST eater, and you LOVE to blow bubbles and drool.
  • You are still both the sweetest babies that ever were! You're snuggly, smiley, lovable, squishy little love bugs! I cannot get enough of you!
  • On January 1st, you both decided to roll from backs to tummies! You are both now pros at rolling back and forth...it's hard to contain you on a blanket, especially you, Hazel!
  • We said goodbye to the swaddle. Naps were a little rough for a few days, but once you fell asleep at night you were out!
  • I had to buy bumpers for your crib, you became experts at scooting yourselves into the corner of your beds and then would bump your heads and get SO mad! After waking yourselves up on the middle of the night a couple of times, I got on Amazon and immediately got some bumper pads. Spending the money was worth a full night's rest!
  • You're both starting to put everything in your mouth. EVERYTHING! And oh the drool! It's here! Grey cannot stand it and always wipes it off with your burp cloths. 
  • You have spent this past month in a "leap"...the sleep regression leap. Your night sleep has been great still, but you're naps are pretty rough. You wake up early from naps (the 45 minute intruder) and can't always fall back asleep. I've tried feeding you more, letting your cry, putting you down earlier, down later, but I think you're just going through a phase. 
  • You are still getting breast milk 5 times a day- 4.5oz is your normal amount, but you occasionally take more or less.
  • Schedule:
    • 7:00am wake, meds (still 5ml of prevacid), diaper change and bottle! (Hazel, you like to wake up around 6:45 some days)
    • eat at 10am, 1pm, 4pm, and btw. 6-7pm.
    • You are awake for about an hour to an hour 15 minutes and play with toys, on your playmat, or in your swing/bouncer.  Your biggest source of entertainment is big sister!
    • After your 4pm feed you will take a little cat nap- but are usually up until bedtime.
    • 7:00pm-7:30pm bedtime!
  • Up next...solids?!
You girls really are so, so smiley...but when that camera comes out you are mesmerized...so no good smiles this photoshoot! I need to recruit daddy to help!



 It's becoming clear that you will probably have green eyes, like mommy and big sister! (Unless they turn brown!)







 This is one of my favorites!












 I think you were done here, Scarlett. You just laid there and wouldn't move an inch!




You like to hold (and eat) each others' hands!
 You had a play date with Pierce!
 Mommy got so many sweet snuggles this month.
 Big sister had fun wrapping you up...
 Double burrito!

 Hazel chats...


 Snuggles on the couch are our favorite!
 Scarlett napping with Papa Bob!
 Another big sister sticker attack...this was a personalized sticker Grey found of her mommy and BFF from HS.
 Hazel Pie
 Little Lett
 Seriously, I got in so many sweet snuggles this month! :)

 We brought out "the ball", which stands the test of time, as y'all are also fascinated with it!

 Your hair is starting to fill back in!

 Happpppppy Hazel!

















 photo sig_1.png

1 comments:

Stephanie McDonald said...

Umm too big and too cute!! Must cuddle them ASAP!

PS LOVING all the blogging lately:)