Pages

1.14.2016

January 2016 Day in the Life...3 Under 3...

...My goal this year is to try and blog a day in our life, once a month! Here we go...


Since I don't actually function until 7 or so, I thought I'd just quickly jot down that my alarm goes off at 5:50 and I usually get out of bed between 6 and 6:30 to pump, wake up, and do my quiet time. I'm not sure why I have so many random alarms from my early NB feeding days, but I need to probably delete some of them. Because ain't nobody got time for clutter. Even on your phone. OCD is a real thing, people.
 Today Hazel was up at 6:30 ready to eat. The twins don't normally wake until 7, so I sadly missed out on doing my quiet time.
 These slippers make my mornings more enjoyable.
 I usually feed the twins at the same time for the morning feed, but Hazel downs her reflux meds and bottle first today since she was an early riser. (Also pictured- The end of the remote, I watch Good Morning America every day. My first cup of coffee, in a Yeti cup. I no longer have to reheat my cup 3 times.)
 Scarlett's next!
 Forcing the twins to talk to each other while I burp Scarlett.
 I hear big sister banging around upstairs around 7:45. So, I go wash bottles. I've learned not to get Grey until she's actually standing up in her crib, girl is just like her momma and it takes a bit before she's functional.
 I move the twins to blanket to roll and play. Hazel is not liking this.
 So, I sit by her and have a quick discussion about how there is no fussing in this house. It works. Attention hog.
Then it's upstairs to get Grey.
We change from her diaper into big girl panties and brush her teeth. Then I throw her over my shoulder and down the stairs we go. 
 Grey plays with her sisters and goes to get her daddy. I decide it's laundry day.
 Grey requests cereal (Rice Krispies) and they must be served "stirred up" and with a wet rag. Because you know, girl can't stand messes. Her "Spelling Bee" book goes EVERYWHERE with her. I put the twins down for their first nap around 8:00am. I eat a quick bowl of oatmeal.
 I hop in the bath to clean up for the day while daddy eats breakfast with Grey. That's my second and last cup of joe!
 Grey decides she wants to get in the bath. I agree to it because it gives me time to fix my hair and put on some make-up. Because, you know, I want to feel human today.
 Dressed! Well, mostly. These slippers. Seriously.
 I force Grey out of the cold water and she lays like this for a good 10 minutes and refuses to get dressed. I don't care to engage in this battle. I'm also picking up from her demeanor that this is going to be a "fussy" day.
 At 9:15 I start to pump again and follow Grey upstairs in hopes of getting some clothes on the girl. She plays with her Critters, naked, instead.
 I put some things away and prep bottles, and convince Grey to put on clothes since her friends are coming to play.
 I go through the twins NB clothes and divide into 3 piles: keep for their baby boxes, give away, and twins sets to sell. I try not to cry.
 Both babies start to stir at 10. So, we eat!
 I bring Scarlett down first and then go get Hazel. Grey is reading Scarlett a book and making her "roll'. If I had a dollar for every time I said, "Don't smoosh your sister!"
 Hazel knocks out her bottle. Scarlett, slowly finishes most of hers.
 Since we have guests today, we actually change the twins out of their pjs. It's playmat time!
 I fold the first load of laundry and start the second. I think I need some cabinets in the laundry room.
 I peek into the garage where little miss has convinced her daddy to take a work break and let her play in his car. His dream car. An '89 Mustang. I hate that car. I'm excited for him that someone else in our house takes an interest in it.

 The twins practice sitting with me with little support, and then on the chair with lots of support. Then they're off to their 2nd nap around 11.
 Our friends arrive for a playdate. Grey is in heaven that she doesn't have to spend the entire day with just me!

 At some point during the playdate, Grey falls, and as I'm consoling her, she pees all over me. This is real life. I change, but Jared snaps a picture of me first. It's almost 1 and he is now heading out the door for a work meeting at the office.

I pump around 12:00 and feed the babies again at 1 in the midst of playdate fun and chaos. I think playdates may be the source of my SAHM sanity. Can I get an amen from the SAHMs!?

Our guests leave a little before 2:30 and Grey has a meltdown because she refused to eat her Chick-fil-a and is now starving. Conveniently, she decides she's starving right as I decide she is definitely getting a nap today. Girl has issues, who doesn't eat their Chick-fil-a? Pickiest eater. Ever. I offer her a packet and tell her she's going to bed. I lay her down at 2:30 and she is almost immediately asleep (she doesn't always take a nap anymore, so this is proof she definitely needed a nap today!)
 The babies also went down around 2:30. So, I debate on whether or not to do something productive, like finish laundry, but decide to watch the news instead. Nancy Grace is on, talking about the Steven Avery case. Anyone else super interested in this? I am team Avery until Nancy starts yelling about their guilt. Maybe I'm wrong. I watch and half fall asleep until I hear a baby start to fuss and then the doorbell ring. Dang you UPS for delivering my Amazon package during naps! I am guessing my baby fusser is Hazel because she always gets up early from this nap.
 It was Hazel. It's 3:00. I bring her down to swing while I pump and start typing this blog post. Because if I wait until tonight I'll have probably forgotten everything that happened.
So here's what was delivered...More on these gloves and their importance in a later post.
 I finished pumping and Scarlett was awake, so at 3:45 we feed again! Hazel is apparently starving.
 Grey wakes up and after I get her out of bed, she immediately throws a HUGE fit over the old gloves and new gloves that were just delivered...long story.
 It's bath time! Scarlett's first since she just pooped!
 And Hazel next!
 Grey pops into let us know she's going to school! Sans pants.

 Grey decides she's hungry since she didn't eat lunch.
 Sausage, applesauce, and cheese for Grey. Left over green chile turkey burger and twice baked spaghetti squash for me. Jared has a work dinner. This is the time of day I hate being solo! Dinner, baths, bedtimes, oh my!
 The twins are lounging in their bouncers and swings- about to take a short cat nap.

 Grey takes another bath! I pump while she's playing and put away clean clothes in our closet.
 This is her after she had a total meltdown after her bath because I made her put on her diaper for bedtime. This beauty has had a tough day!
 The twins are exhausted and hungry again! It's 6:00 and we're eating the last meal of the day. Grey goes off to color before her "quiet time".
 Hazel and I have some girl talk while Scarlett finishes eating. We try to Facetime Gigi, but "hers no answering" (as Grey says).
 Final snuggles with Scarlett for the day. Both of the little girls are down around 6:30. They fuss for a few minutes and are out!
 Surprise! Daddy comes home early and brings in the mail. Grey got a letter from her cousin!
 She helps daddy sort through the rest of the mail.
 I fold the final load of laundry while Grey has quiet time and watches Tangled.
 The movie is over and there is a small dance party at the end before bedtime. It's 7:45. I must note here that Grey hits me straight in the face, on purpose, instead of giving me a kiss and a hug. She goes to bed without her book tonight. Oh, how I hate it when we end the day like this!
 It's almost 8. Babes are tucked in...I'm finishing this post, then off to read, watch a movie with the hubs, relax, pump again, and pass out!
 photo sig_1.png

5 comments:

Our life with 2 P's said...

I love this!!! What a perfect glimpse into a SAHM's life and a busy one at that! You make it look so easy! LOVE you!

Unknown said...

Oh I am so happy to hear this! I was starting to think my two year old had a personality disorder! Maybe he's ok. :) Also, I love the new layout. What kind of program do you use to make it?

Kristin said...

Oh my gosh! I haven't looked at blogs in FOREVER. Girls! I knew it!!!! They are precious. I'm going to have to go on a blog binge so I can catch up!!!! xoxoxox

stephemcdonald said...

Loved this!!!

Kneppsnest said...

I loved reading this glimpse into your daily life! Harper is such a picky eater, also. We are working on that. I also seen your comment on my blog, small world!