Pages

1.08.2016

Friday Favorites...Play Date Edition!


...I can't remember the last time I linked up to anything in the blogging world! But I thought I'd start back up with Friday Favorites! This week, we got back to the grind and in our routine. Every Wednesday, my friend, Anne, and I get together for Chick-fil-a (pick up, not at the restaurant) and some toddler/baby play. Well, I say that, but she moved back in September and I think we've actually done it 4 times now...between getting out with the twins, sick toddlers, her having her baby boy #2, Wednesdays got a little crazy. Now that holidays are over, kids are well (for now), and we have better baby routines, we are trying to reestablish our Wednesday playdates again. I had to leave early this week because I forgot the twins bottles though. #momfail #secondtimeiveleftwithoutthem


No pics from Wednesday!


Thursday, my friend, Brittany had the FABULOUS idea of starting a play group and having a brunch and "Regift and Relax" play date. We all brought a Christmas gift we didn't want or something laying around the house and had a white elephant exchange. It was hilarious. Gifts were stolen and I ended up leaving my "beautiful", newly acquired silver heart bracelet at Brittany's.  I'm not even sad about it.


Brittany was the ultimate host- setting up pack'n'plays, swings, a gated in play area, and made yummy brunch foods! She is also a twin mommy, so thankfully, she had plenty of baby apparatuses. Some of the stay at home mommies from our life group were there, and then a few of Brittany's friends I had never met. It was SO nice getting out of the house and visiting with and meeting new mommies. Staying home is so wonderful, but I'd be lying if I said I don't get stir crazy and need some adults in my life! Jared is also out of town, so I reallllly needed some adult interaction this week.  The twins also don't get out much, so it's good to take them to new places too. (Grey had MDO- and boy was she excited to go back!)

Anyhoo- it was a great Thursday play date and the plan is to have them once a month!

They were so excited to leave the house- the first time since Christmas day!

 Two sets of twins, born a day apart! All 4 were sporting their grays and pinks!
 Here were just a few of the babies that were present!
 We decided to recreate our babies' pic...first serious...
 Then imitating them.
 I couldn't stop laughing!

 
 And finally, Grey may have been tired from her first day back to MDO. I may have drove around for 30 minutes while all 3 of the little pretties slept.
The hubs returns tonight! PTL! TGIF, y'all!
 photo sig_1.png

4 comments:

Lauren Boswell said...

How bless you ladies are to have each other, oh I bet it will be fun watching those sweet babes grow up together. Your recreation pictures though, Love them!

Lauren
learningtolovehome.blogspot.com

Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

Omg that looks like the most fun play date ever!

Caits Cozy Corner said...

how fun! wish you lived near me so we could do play dates like this! the pictures are hysterical! So glad I came across your blog in the linkup! I can't wait to get to know you and your blogging journey better this year! Hope you'll stop by mine as well!

henning love said...

that pic of all the moms is awesome!! great photo! I am hoping to have some consistent mom friends and play dates in my future! they are so important