Pages

3.30.2014

I am THAT Mom...Week 51...

...51...51 weeks. I won't go into that any further or I will start tearing up. Here are your weekly highlights and pictures...

  • We are starting to see some mini-tantrums. Oh my. All we can do is laugh at you when you put your head down and cry in anger because we have taken away (insert anything dangerous, dirty, or unacceptable to play with). I'm slightly concerned I will be borrowing Gigi's copy of James Dobson's, The Strong-Willed Child. I don't know where you get this from...
  • We stopped nursing on Monday morning. You had only been nursing for your first feed. You haven't even seemed to notice, so I'd say it's gone rather smooth for you! For mommy on the other hand...well, it's hard. I have LOVED nursing you. I could definitely see myself being the mom who nurses longer than a year, but if God wills it, we would like to give you a brother or sister one day soon. We have TONS of breast milk left...I'm guessing about 2 months worth. So we won't be making the transition to cow's, almond, or coconut milk just yet (still deciding and researching on this.)
  • You are starting to wave bye-bye, give kisses, and clap your hands on command. It's so cute. You're so cute. 
Happy girl. This is you and I, although I had to look twice and make sure it wasn't Aunt Allie in the pic. 
 You love standing at this gate and throwing your toys down the stairs.
 You also love climbing up and down on your chair, and sitting and playing on it.
 Oh child...
You love cheese.
You like bread.
You don't like grilled cheese. 
You are the most dramatic and picky eater. EVER. We ordered you grilled cheese at dinner on Friday and you refused to eat it. You refused to even try it. You would, however, hold the piece of grilled cheese in your hand, as far away as possible from your face, and make gagging faces at it. Lawdy child. Again...I don't know where you get these traits (Wink, wink! You're momma was a gagging pro as a child...but the good news is, I'm not a picky eater at all anymore!)
Waving and Kissing. 
 Laughing. And fake laughing. 
Photobucket

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Strong willed HAS to be a phase :) She is precious! I can't believe how fast a year went by!